How to Apply for the 2017-2018 Program
Please do not submit your application directly to HERS.
To be considered for the HERS program through UVM, and receive the funding subsidy, please submit a single e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following information:
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter detailing why you should be considered
for the HERS program. Your letter should include:
- Identify your current position and department.
- Identify your immediate professional objective.
- Identify what you consider to be your strengths.
- Identify the problems, if any, which you feel might affect your professional development.
- Describe your preferred career path (include specific ideas of where you would like to be in five years).
- Outline ways in which you think attendance at the institute will help you achieve your objectives.
- Organizational Chart with your position indicated on it.
- Letter of recommendation from your Chair, Director, or Supervisor indicating their support for your attendance as well as your qualifications.
UVM Application Deadline Extended!
Applications are due by 12:00 noon on Thursday, June 15, 2017. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Applications are due to Professional Development and Training by noon on June 15
- Former HERS participants will handle initial screening
- Applications will be forwarded to the selection committee who will interview the top candidates and make a final selection
Alumnae of UVM's HERS program have developed a list of criteria to help ensure a good match between people and the program. These criteria include:
- Length of employment and history of contributions to UVM
- Potential for further contribution to UVM and/or higher education
- Clarity of purpose
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s issues
- Ability to demonstrate how attendance at HERS will enhance your overall career plan
In addition, factors related to maintaining a good mix of faculty and staff representation will be considered.
Last modified May 18 2017 04:17 PM