Graduate Student Senate GSS
Graduate College Mini Grants
Mini Grants are awarded by the Graduate College to students presenting their scholarly work at conferences or meetings. Graduate students can receive up to $300 in travel and conference reimbursements. Mini Grant applications may be submitted at any point prior to the travel for which funding is requested. The Graduate Student Senate Finance Committee reviews applications one week after the application deadline.
The 2015 - 2016 application deadlines are as follows:
September 2015 - January 2016
September 25, 2015
February - May 2016
January 22, 2016
June - September 2016
April 29, 2016
- A match of at least 50% of the amount requested must be provided from the applicant's department or program (e.g., if $300 is requested, the minimum match is $150).
- Efforts will be made to utilize the avaliable funds to support as many requests as possible.
Applications must be made following the forms above. They must include, in addition to the forms, an abstract of the paper/poster, a copy of the meeting announcement (or similar), and a copy of the applicant's curriculum vitae. Additional materials may be attached where deemed appropriate by the applicant. Requests that do not include all required materials will not be considered.
- Applicants must be presenting a poster and/or paper at the conference.
- Priority wil be given to first time applicants (within the past year).
- Applicants may receive up to one award per year (e.g.,if you receive an award in the Fall, you should not apply in the Spring).
- Applicants must be the first author on the presentation.
- For panel presentations, only $200 total for whole group (i.e., you may submit one application, and the group will be eligible to receive up to $200 for the trip).
- All materials must be included with the initial application as described in the directions (including a chart string for matching funds). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions or concerns?Contact the Graduate College at firstname.lastname@example.org or x63160.
Need more funding info?Click here for a funding guide from the Graduate College.
Last modified January 19 2016 07:42 PM