Graduate Student Senate GSS
Graduate College Mini Grants
Mini Grants are awarded by the Graduate College to students presenting their scholarly work at conferences or meetings. Graduate students can receive $300 in travel and conference reimbursements. Mini Grant applications may be submitted at any point prior to the travel for which funding is requested. The Graduate Student Senate Finance Committee reviews applications one week after the application deadline.
The 2016-2017 application deadlines are as follows:
September 2016 - January 2017
September 23, 2016
February 2017 - May 2017
January 20, 2017
June 2017 - September 2017
April 28, 2017
- A match of at least 50% of the amount requested must be provided from the applicant's department or program (e.g., if $300 is requested, the minimum match is $150).
- Efforts will be made to utilize the avaliable funds to support as many requests as possible.
Applications must be made following the forms above. They must include, in addition to the forms, an abstract of the paper/poster, a copy of the meeting announcement (or similar), and a copy of the applicant's curriculum vitae. Additional materials may be attached where deemed appropriate by the applicant. Requests that do not include all required materials will not be considered.
- NEW: Effective September 2017, applicants MUST have participated/presented in the most recent University of Vermont Student Research Conference in order to be eligible for the Mini Grant. To clarify, this means that anyone who wants to apply for the 2017-2018 deadlines will have to present at the April 27, 2017 conference. Please see the webpage regarding the Student Research Conference for more information.
- Applicants must be presenting a poster and/or paper at the conference.
- Priority will be given to first time applicants.
- Applicants may receive up to one award per year (e.g.,if you receive an award in the Fall, you should not apply in the Spring).
- Applicants must be the first author on the presentation.
- All materials must be included with the initial application as described in the directions (including a chart string for matching funds). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Questions or concerns?Contact the Graduate College at email@example.com or x63160.
Need more funding info?Click here for a funding guide from the Graduate College.
Last modified March 29 2017 03:41 PM