High School Students
What is an Army ROTC Scholarship Worth?
|Incentive||Amount Paid||4 Yr. Total|
|Full Tuition and Fees*||$36,616 per year||$146,464|
|Monthly Stipend||$300-500 per month||$16,000|
|Book Allowance||$1200 per year||$2,400|
*Calculated based on UVM out of state tuition, scholarships
full tuition and fees at any of our participating Universities for both
in and out of state students (UVM, SUNY Plattsburgh, Saint Michael's
College, Champlain College, Castleton State College, Johnson State
College, Middlebury College,Vermont Technical College).
• Monthly Stipend is for 10 months each year.
• Stipend increases each school year. ($350 Sophomores, $450 Juniors, $500 Seniors)
• Scholarships are awarded based on the whole person concept (Scholar, Athlete, Leader) with minimum 2.5 Cumulative GPA, 920 SAT, or 19 ACT, medical exam and other eligibility requirements.
• Scholarships also require contracting into Army ROTC.
• All 3rd and 4th year students received the corresponding stipend.
Did you know?
- You can take the first two years of Army ROTC without an ARMY ROTC scholarship or commitment to the Army. This course is just like any other elective course.
- If you do not receive an Army ROTC scholarship while in high school, you can attend Indiana and apply for an Army ROTC scholarship once you begin your freshman year.
- Although technical majors are highly sought after, almost any major at Indiana is compatible to become an Army Officer.
- You can be in Army ROTC and in the National Guard or Army Reserve.
National Guard/Reserve Students
- The first two years of Army ROTC are not required for students who served on Active Duty or who are currently serving the National Guard/Army Reserve.
- Green Mountain Battalion Army ROTC cadets have the opportunity to attend advanced Army Training such as Airborne and Air Assault School, Mountain Warfare Training and Northern Warfare Training.
Last modified August 01 2013 11:36 AM