GIS at The University of Vermont
UVM has an educational site license for practically all ESRI software products. Our contract allows use of an unlimited number of installations of ESRI software for the purposes of research, instruction, education, and administrative uses. UVM students, employees, and affiliates should be aware of the following license restrictions:
- ESRI software may only be installed on University-owned computers (except as noted).
- Students may install and use ArcGIS Desktop on their personal computer while connected to the UVM network. Students may also borrow a license for use on their personal computer while disconnected from the UVM network.
- UVM faculty may install on personally owned computers for the specific purpose of learning, becoming proficient with, and developing curricula or research expertise around the programs.
- ArcPad and Tele Atlas Data included with ArcLogistics may be used for teaching and research only (no administrative uses are permitted).
- Business Analyst may be used for teaching (no research or administrative uses are permitted).
- Nonacademic, nonadministrative, or commercial uses are prohibited.
- The software may not be taken or used off campus except as needed for research or educational fieldwork.
Other benefits included in the site license are an unlimited Virtual Campus training subscription, and 5 passes to the ESRI International User Conference, including the Education User Conference. Contact Ernie Buford to enroll in Virtual Campus courses.
Last modified December 07 2012 12:07 PM