Geospatial Technologies at UVM
Best web site for downloading GIS data for Vermont is the Vermont Center for Geographic Information (VCGI).
A wide array of data, software manuals, historical aerial photography and digital orthophotography covering Vermont can be accessed by mapping a drive to \\zoofiles\gisdata\. For instructions on how to map a drive, go to the GIS Help Page.
Additional data sources links can be found at:
- VCGI's list of GIS data sources
- GIS Basemap, an interactive mapper for Vermont
- Geography's Geospatial data sites
- One Stop for federal, state, and local geospatial data and links to US state GIS archives
- Web links from Morrissey
- Online GIS Data Archives by State (US)
- GIS Data for Lake Champlain Basin
- USDA Geospatial Data Gateway
There also are a host of commercial vendors.
Last modified March 21 2011 10:01 AM