What should I do if...?
- Someone tries to serve me with a summons, complaint, or other official legal document?
- I receive a phone call or letter from a lawyer wanting to discuss the University or a University matter?
- I'm sued in connection with my work for the University?
- I receive a request for University documents from a member of the public or member of the press?
- A government agency representative calls, knocks on my door, or otherwise notifies me that they will be on campus?
- I receive a request for a student’s education records? Do I have the authority to access these files and forward them to a third party?
- I am called for jury duty and it will interfere with my work or class schedule?
All materials provided on this website, including the contents of linked pages, are provided for general informational purposes only. While we seek to provide links to current and authoritative information, neither UVM nor this office guarantees the accuracy of information accessible online; therefore, this information must not be relied upon as substitute for legal advice from a qualified attorney. Please contact a UVM Office of the General Counsel attorney to obtain current legal advice specifically responsive to your questions.
Last modified October 23 2014 03:08 PM