Grapes: Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- An Initial IPM Strategy for New Cold Climate Winegrape Growers (UVMFRT-004) -Terence Bradshaw & Lorraine Berkett. University of Vermont, Updated March 2017
- Considerations for Starting a Commercial Vineyard in Vermont
- IPM Primer -basic introduction to concepts, strategies, and components of an IPM program
- "Cold Climate Grape IPM - Diseases and Insects" -Presentation given by L.P.Berkett, University of Vermont,at the 2008 Grape Workshop and Vineyard Tour on August 6, 2008.
- Cold Climate Viticulture in Vermont - a slide show adapted from a presentation given at the New England Fruit Conference, Manchester, NH, Dec. 15, 2005.Text summary of presentation is also on the web.
- "How to Use NEWA - An Instructional Video" and "How to Use NEWA - Printable Handout" -The Network for Environment & Weather Applications (NEWA) is a web-based resource through Cornell University which provides up-to-date weather data and IPM tools such as growing degree day accumulations and disease and insect forecast models at various sites in the region.In 2010,a collaborative project was initiated between the Vermont Tree Fruit Growers Association and the UVM Apple & Grape Team whereby six weather stations were purchased and set up at farms across Vermont and connected to the NEWA system.The grape industry can benefit from this collaboration since grape disease and insect models are running with data from these sites. Please go to http://newa.cornell.edu/ to find the closet weather station to you.
- New York and Pennsylvania Pest Management Guidelines for Grapes - excellent resource for background information on diseases, insects and weeds and options for management.
- NYS IPM Fact Sheets for Grape Diseases and Insects
- Grape IPM Guide for Minnesota Producers - a resource for information on diseases and insect pests of grapes
- Mid-Atlantic Vineyards Grape IPM -insect pest fact sheets along with information on biological control
- Grape IPM in the Northeast -by T. Weigle and J. Kovach, Cornell University
- Pest Management in the Vineyard - Michigan State University
- Diagnosing Problems and Scouting Vineyards - Michigan State University - includes information on diagnosing disease, insect, physiological conditions and nutritional disorders
- Midwest Grape Production Guide,Bulletin 919-05- a comprehensive resource which includes IPM information as well as information on site selection, cultivar selection, vineyard establishment, pruning and training,wildlife management, soil management, fertilization, etc.
- VIDEO: Hail damage (Lake Erie Regional Grape Program - Cornell and Penn State Extension)
- VIDEO: Netting with a machine (New Mexico State University)
- VIDEO: Scouting (Lake Erie Regional Grape Program - Cornell and Penn State Extension)
- VIDEO: Wine grape scouting (University of Massachusetts)
- VIDEO: Scouting (Oregon State University)
- Brown Marmorated Stinkbug in Vermont
- VIDEO: Pheromone trap assembly (Lake Erie Regional Grape Program - Cornell and Penn State Extension)
- VIDEO: GBM (Lake Erie Regional Grape Program - Cornell and Penn State Extension)
- VIDEO: Banded grape bug (Lake Erie Regional Grape Program - Cornell and Penn State Extension)
- VIDEO: Insect prevention (Michigan State University)
- VIDEO: Glassy-winged sharpshooter (University of California)
- Relative Disease Ratings for Wine Grape Varieties Grown in Vermont (UVMFRT-003) -Terence Bradshaw & Lorraine P. Berkett, University of Vermont. Updated March 2017
- VIDEO: Eutypa dieback (Lake Erie Regional Grape Program - Cornell and Penn State Extension)
- Vermont's Pesticide Educationand Safety Program - describes the process and requirements to obtain a pesticide applicator license in Vermont
- Understanding the Pesticide Label-a fact sheet by the University of Missouri. The label is the legal document on how the pesticide is to be used.Using the materialin conflict with the label is a violation of federal law.
- Pesticide Application Safety - a fact sheet by the University of Missouri.
- Personal Protective Equipment for Working with Pesticides - a fact sheet by the University of Missouri
- Tips for Laundering Pesticide-Contaminated Clothing - important information on how not to contaminate your household with residues that may be on your clothes.
- Basic Pesticide Information - EPA's Approach to Reducing Pesticide Risks; Definition of a Biopesticide
- Reduced Risk Pesticides - Lorraine Berkett and Morgan Cromwell, University of Vermont
- Fungicide Resistance Management - Lorraine Berkett,University of Vermont
- Vineyard Spraying - List of publications from Dr. Andrew Landers of Cornell University
- Production Guide for Organic Grapes - Tim Weigle and Juliet Carroll, editors.Cornell University Cooperative Extension.NYS IPM Publication No. 224.
- Organic Integrated Management of Grape Diseases - by Mike A. Ellis andMizuho Nito,Ohio State University
- Organic Grape Production - an ATTRA publication written by Rex Dufour
- Organic Viticulture in New York - a1995 report
- Organic and BioDynamic Grape Production - a power point presentation by Kathleen Delate, Iowa State University
Last modified March 13 2017 09:59 AM