Francis C. Swasey
Enterprise Technology Services
238 Waterman Building
Note: my office is really room 201-E Waterman Building.
- 9 December 2013: Monday Admin
- 6 December 2013: Friday Admin
- 5 December 2013: Thursday Admin - more of the same
- 4 December 2013: Wednesday Admin - move them bits. No, I liked them better where they were - move them back ;)
- 3 December 2013: Tuesday Admin & Development - issues to fix in code
- 2 December 2013: Monday Admin & Development - NFS doth have a certain smell to it
- 29 November 2013: Friday Admin - unpaid overtime on a holiday.
- South Burlington to use airport mitigation grant
- Judge: Alleged horse abuser competent to stand trial
- Driver denies wrong-doing in Killington hit and run
- Vt. couple killed in I-89 accident
- Fatal accident on Burlington beltline
- Couple learns disturbing lesson about habitual offenders
- Northeast, Mid-Atlantic seek anti-pollution action
- Vt. health care officials say most small biz covered
- Vt. teacher unions offer separate proposals
- Slick roads cause dozens of accidents
- Groups band together to protect lakes
- Mass. man dies from Brattleboro hit and run
- Burlington armed assault
- Lawyer to talk about Guantanamo client
- Successful rifle deer hunting season in Vt.
- Vocalist stunning worldwide audiences has Vt. ties
- Selling Christmas trees for a cause
- Gift of Life Marathon update
- Ft. Drum gets some holiday cheer
- Police search for elementary school vandals
The latest news from Burlington and surrounding Vermont communities, including Charlotte, Colchester, Essex, Hinesburg, Jericho, Milton, Shelburne, South Burlington, Williston and Winooski.
- Crash claims life on snowy Burlington road
- Vermont among states seeking pollution reduction from states to the west
- South Burlington to develop plan for empty homes
- Burlington's Councilor Siegel to seek re-election
- New Burlington ward redistricting plan proposed at the 11th hour
- Bennington professor explains Arab world's struggle toward democracy
- Vermont snowmobilers ready for start of season Dec. 16
- Pomerleau spreads holiday cheer
- Proposed Burlington house would offer non-medical mental health treatment
- DC Weather Update: Another snow day for schools as storms begin at 3am? - Washington Times
- Aron Ralston, subject of ?127 Hours,? cleared of assault - CBS News
- 18 Charged in Inquiry Into Los Angeles Sheriff's Office - New York Times
- Why tech giants are now uniting against US surveillance - Christian Science Monitor
- George Zimmerman's girlfriend wants charges dropped, document says - CNN
- Senate Extends Plastic Gun Ban for 10 Years - Wall Street Journal
- Central African Republic violence: US to fly in peacekeepers - BBC News
- Filner sentenced to house arrest, three years probation - Washington Post (blog)
- Treasury sells last stake in General Motors, losing $10 billion - Washington Post
- Ukranian president calls for compromise as tension mounts - Sydney Morning Herald
- Early Downtime! - 09:30 UTC - December 10, 2013
- Downtime will begin early on Tuesday, December 10th, 2013 to facilitate the deployment of EVE Online: Rubicon 1.0.8. Daily downtime will begin at 09:30 UTC, and will last until 10:30 UTC, for a total of one hour. This release will bring Twitch integration and several back end improvements to EVE Online. As with all deployment downtimes, we recommend that players set a long skill in training for the duration of the deployment. Patch notes for this deployment will be available soon on the patch notes section of the community portal.
- Exploit Notification - Starbase Forcefield Ship Bumping
- Bumping ships, that are located within password protected starbase force-fields, out of the force-field from outside without having the correct password or corporation/alliance permissions as configured in the tower settings, is considered an exploit. Attempts to bypass the game mechanics of starbase force-fields are fully visible in server logs to CCP Games’ staff and will result in appropriate action taken against the involved user accounts as per the EVE Online Suspension and Ban Policy from here on. Pro tip: In order to prevent problems with ships being bumped out of a starbase force-field from inside, by accident or by intention by players with legitimate access, owners are advised to park them in Ship Maintenance Arrays. X-Large Ship Maintenance Arrays were made available without the need for sovereignty with the Odyssey expansion so this option should be available to everyone.
- Extended Downtime - Thursday, December 5th 2013
- Tomorrow, on December 5th, daily downtime will be extended so that we can perform a number of back end software upgrades on Tranquility. Downtime will begin at the usual time of 11:00 UTC, however it will be extended through until 11:55 UTC, for a total of 55 minutes whilst we carry out the upgrades. As always, we recommend that all players set a long skill in training for the duration of this extended downtime.
- Mass test on Tuesday, December 3rd
- We are planning a mass test on our test server Singularity for testing the updated orbital bombardment mechanics for the EVE-DUST link and the new integration of Twitch.tv in the EVE client. If you’re interested in attending please join us on Singularity, Tuesday, December 3rd, at 17:00 EVE-time (=UTC). All participants will receive a small reward of two million skill points on Singularity. Please refer to this forum thread for more information about how you participate in the test, and this EVElopedia article for more information on mass testing.
- Fanfest Early Bird Tickets Almost Sold Out!
- After going on sale on November 25th, early bird tickets for Fanfest 2014 are already beginning to sell out! With less than 90 discounted early bird tickets remaining, we will soon be moving on to full sale of Fanfest 2014 tickets. You can purchase tickets here. Offers with our partners at Icelandair and CenterHotels are also available! Be sure to secure your ticket as soon as possible to ensure you don't miss out on another epic Fanfest here in Reykjavik, Iceland!
- EVE: The Second Decade Collector's Edition Black Friday Amazon Sale!
Click this image for more information! Today, for a limited time between 11:00 PST - 13:00 PST, EVE: The Second Decade Collector's Edition will be available with a 33% discount via amazon.com. Own the history of the world's greatest gaming universe, the past, present and future of EVE Online in one massive collection! Visit amazon.com between between 11:00 PST and 13:00 PST today for a 33% discount on the limited edition Second Decade Collector's Edition.
- Exploit: Bumping in order to prevent E-Warp
- Bumping a ship in order to get it stuck in emergency warp alignment limbo when its pilot logs in is now considered an exploit. Ships undergoing emergency warp upon appearing in space have no means to activate modules, cancel warp, or otherwise defend themselves during this period; they cannot be stopped by any warp disruption mechanic. Bumping them during this period renders the ship in question utterly helpless, against the intention of the game mechanics. Note: • This does not apply to pilots who get legitimately aggressed under normal game mechanics, preventing their ships from disappearing from space. Use safe logoff whenever possible. • This specifically applies to those pilots who disappear from space after logoff and appear again upon logging in. Thank you for your attention.
- Extended downtime on November 29, 2013
- The downtime on Tranquility on November 29, 2013, will be extended by 15 minutes from 11:00 to 11:45 UTC due to server backend maintenance. We apologize of any inconvenience caused by this delay.
- EVE Online Black Friday Sale - New Account, 99 Cents
With the great success of EVE Online: Rubicon, CCP is happy to announce our EVE Online Black Friday Sale! The offer starts at Midnight in New York (05:00 UTC on November 29) and ends at Midnight in California (08:00 UTC on November 30)
We are offering brand new accounts with 30 days of game time for only 99 cents. Head over to account creation and start your adventure today.
In addition, all users can choose one of four specialized exploration frigates to aid them in their future endeavors toward economic, industrial or galactic conquest.
- The striking, militaristic Sukuuvestaa Heron
- The distinctly royal Sarum Magnate
- The hard-shelled Vherokior Probe
- The sleek Inner Zone Shipping Imicus
- CCP Rise Hosts AMA On Reddit
- Hello Capsuleers! This afternoon CCP Rise, Game Designer for EVE Online, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) thread on Reddit. If you'd like to ask him questions, you can feel free to do so on his AMA thread here.