Francis C. Swasey
Enterprise Technology Services
238 Waterman Building
Note: my office is really room 201-E Waterman Building.
- 18. Oktober 2012: Donnerstag Admin - done and in process...
- 17. Oktober 2012: Mittwoch Admin
- 16. Oktober 2012: Dienstag Admin - braindump! Getting caught up.
- 2. Oktober 2012: Dienstag complaining and some admin work
- 18. September 2012: Dienstag Admin
- 17. September 2012: Montag Backup System Maintenance
- 14. September 2012: Freitag Admin
- Vt. man claims governor took advantage of him in land deal
- Report: Vt. trooper's use of deadly force justified
- U.S. Supreme Court won't hear Vt. search warrant case
- Prison death case before Vt. Supreme Court
- Crackdown on dangerous drugs could slow Vt. pharmacy visits
- Vt. Abenaki chief lawsuit on hold
- Vt. man drowns off Florida Keys
- Vt. denies license to Vt. Health Co-op
- Vt. economy making slow, steady progress
- Union files charges of unfair labor practices
- Vt. sues, accusing company of 'patent trolling'
- Vt. homeowners get foreclosure relief
- Vt. secretary of state opens judicial records
- Police from Vt. and Quebec working together
- Get Moving, Part 2
- Traveling tribute to veterans stops in Wells River
- GW Plastics wins outstanding business award
- Inside Burlington's new Hotel Vermont
- Bike path renews interest in Vt. prison cemetery
- Books Over Breakfast: 'Milton'
The latest news from Burlington and surrounding Vermont communities, including Charlotte, Colchester, Essex, Hinesburg, Jericho, Milton, Shelburne, South Burlington, Williston and Winooski.
- T. Alan Broughton, UVM emeritus professor, dies at 76
- Police arrest teenager on outstanding citations in Old North End
- Two years after devastating flooding, the Colchester Causeway has been revived
- Storm causes flooding in Burlington, hail elsewhere
- Traffic light problems slow vehicles near Dorset Street and Williston Road
- Ninth member of alleged Burlington drug ring arraigned
- Police: Burlington man accidentally drove into pharmacy
- Vermont Abenaki chief lawsuit on hold
- Expert: Recess offers more than fun and games
- 'Barbaric Attack' in London Prompts Meeting on Terror - New York Times
- US acknowledges killing of four US citizens in counterterrorism operations - Washington Post
- Deadly End to FBI Queries on Tsarnaev and a Triple Killing - New York Times
- Director of IRS Unit Says She Won't Testify - Wall Street Journal
- Women Were Secretly Filmed at West Point, the Army Says - New York Times
- In Moore, a Day for Salvaging, Mourning and Considering the Future - New York Times
- Anthony Weiner Launches NYC Mayoral Campaign - NBC New York
- 3rd grader who loved to sing among tornado victims - The Seattle Times
- FBI: Arrest made in Wash. state ricin letter scare - Seattle Post Intelligencer
- Protests Fail to Deter Chicago From Shutting 49 Schools - New York Times
- Disruption of web server related services on May 21 and Launcher issues
On May 21, 2013, our web servers came under unusually heavy load which resulted in connection issues for all associated services that rely on the web servers, such as the EVE Launcher and the client repair tool. Our engineers have been investigating the issue with top priority and when this was written the investigation remains underway and will continue until the problem has been identified and services have been fully restored.
On May 21 we also deployed EVE Online: Retribution 1.2.4 and the new EVE Launcher. These deployments are not believed to have caused the underlying problem but are believed to have affected its manifestation. Updating the Launcher or the client requires connecting to our currently overloaded web servers and as a result, EVE Online players may not be able to either properly update your EVE Online client, the EVE Launcher, or connect properly to the Tranquility server to play EVE Online.
For anyone experiencing any of the above issues we would like to point out to this thread for further explanations and potential workarounds.
We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused by these unexpected server issues.
Update on 20:47 UTC, May 21
The web server issues are fixed and the EVE Laucher should be able to properly update and connect to Tranquility again.
- EVE Launcher deployment on May 21st
- Rejoice Capsuleers as the EVE Launcher will be upgraded with new features on May 21, 2013. This update will be performed automatically as soon as you start your current EVE Launcher. The main change is a new and improved landing page; you will now log into EVE Online using our SSO (single sign on) service. We’ve also included a new self-update mechanism in the EVE Launcher, which will make the update process for the EVE Launcher itself more reliable and allow us to deploy more updates as we work on improving the flow into the game. In addition to these features, we’ve worked on a new version for the Mac which should also be deployed soon, which brings much closer parity between the Windows and Mac EVE Launchers, with a new embedded browser and low level tweaks to the EVE Launcher. We welcome all constructive feedback in the related forum feedback thread.
- Final day to vote for your favorite EVE True Stories
- The final opportunity for voting is almost upon us. Please visit the EVE Online True Stories site and cast your vote! These true stories will inspire books, comics, TV series or films set in the EVE Universe so ensure your voice is heard before voting ends on Tuesday, May 21 at 23:59 UTC.
- Planetary conquest bonuses delayed until May 22
- Due to some issues that came up in testing, Team True Grit, the team in charge of the link between EVE and DUST 514, has made the decision to delay the implementation of the bonuses which EVE players get from Planetary Conquest in DUST 514 until may 22. Planetary Conquest is still live on TQ, but bonuses won't take effect until Wednesday may 22. For more information about these bonuses and Planetary Conquest, please refer to CCP FoxFour's latest devblog on the subject. We apologize for the delay.
- Mass test on Thursday, May 16th
- We will be holding a mass test to test several new features for the Odyssey release and we will focus mostly on the new jump and pod death transitions. If you’re interested in attending please join us on the Singularity test server, Thursday, May 16th, at 17:00 UTC. All participants will receive a small reward of two million skill points on Singularity. Please refer to this thread for more information about how you participate in the test, and this EVElopedia article for more information on mass testing.
- New Chronicle: "And I shall hide" - By CCP Eterne
- Very little has been heard from the upper echelons of the Amarr Empire in recent months. However, CCP Eterne has been quite busy! Check out his debut chronicle, "And I shall hide" and delve into the mind of Empress Jamyl I as she fights an ongoing struggle with the entity that shares it. You can read the whole thing over on the EVElopedia, here.
- The BIG Lottery 10th Anniversary Drawing Ending this Weekend
- The BIG Lottery is celebrating its 10th Anniversary by giving away 200 Billion ISK worth of prizes, plus several unique ships and other goodies! The chance to buy tickets lasts through Sunday May 12th. For full details of the lottery, you can check the official website here.
- Extended downtime on Monday, May 6th
- Due to the deployment of Retribution 1.2 and the Uprising build of DUST 514 to Tranquility, downtime on May 6th will both start earlier and be extended. Downtime will begin at 08:00 UTC and is expected to last until 12:40 UTC. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes. You can read the full patch notes for the release here.
- Unexpected API Server Downtime
- Tranquility's API servers have been taken offline as of 15:50 UTC to enable us to rectify several small issues. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and will update this news item as soon as full service is restored. UPDATE: The API servers are now up and running and responding as expected as of 16:15 UTC.
- Flight of 1000 Rifters III to be held May 5 at 18:30 GMT
- Another Flight of 1000 Rifters event is coming up on May 5th to be held at 18:30 GMT. This one looks to top them all! Don't know what the Flight of 1000 Rifters is? It's where one player undocks in a capital ship and encourages tons of explosions and gives out some awesome prizes. Wait, did I say capital ship? I meant to say supercapital! See full details about the event here.