- The Agricultural Personnel Management Program (APMP) at the University of California provides education and research on labor management in the food and fiber production system. The Labor Management Decisions newsletter archives includes relevant information, including Volume 8, Number 1 on labor management and agricultural risk management.
- Individual chapters from Labor Management in Ag: Cultivating Personnel Productivity by Gregory Encina Billikopf, University of California, may be downloaded from this site. Also, link to ordering site for this book. The Instructor's Manual for Labor Management in Ag: Cultivating Personnel Productivity edited by Gregory Encina Billikopf, University of California, is also linked to this website. [visit this website]
- A web companion to the book Ag Help Wanted: Guidelines for Managing Agricultural Labor created by the Western Farm Management Extension Committee. Also, ordering and download site for this book. [visit this website]
- Business Resource Center - registration required - The information center has employer resources, free webinars on a range of HR-related topics. [find out more]
- EDIS is the Electronic Data Information Source of Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida (UF/IFAS) Extension, and includes topics relative to agricultural labor management. Of particular interest is Labor Management and Agribusiness Personnel Management article index.
- The Essential Managers book series provides concise treatment of dozens of techniques, skills, and methods on business management subjects.
- The Human Resource Management Index site at Ohio State
- The Human Resource Management Index of ProDairy
- The University of Wisconsin's Department of Dairy Science/Milk Quality front page, with links to Spanish Resources and an excellent article THE 10 SMART THINGS DAIRY FARMS DO TO ACHIEVE
- Employers' Handbook for Agriculture and Horticulture on the Agriculture, Food and Rural Development division, of the government of Alberta, Canada web site.
- Nolo provides do-it-yourself legal solutions/information for consumers and small businesses.
- U.S. Small Business Administration "Human Resources Management" Emerging Business Series
- Information for Agriculture/Farmers from the IRS
Last modified March 28 2006 05:10 PM