We are an SGA recognized club at the University of Vermont. Membership is open to all undergraduate and graduate students.
Our Club Officers are:
Baxter Miatke (President) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baxter Miatke is a junior Environmental Engineering Major from the land of New Jersey. He is currently working on his research project estimating the loading of macronutirents in the Missisquoi River Basin with VTEPSCoR. He will be continuing this research focusing specifically on the effects of spring snowmelt and how phosphorus loading changes seasonally along the Missisquoi River to Lake Champlain. In the winter, he is a super stowked ski instructor at Stowe and loves to escape into the woods to do some backcountry skiing. If you ever need him, you will usually find Baxter in Votey Hall, on the mountain, or in his bed.
Hanna Anderson (Vice President) email@example.com
Nora Varhue (Secretary) firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas Hobbes (Treasurer) email@example.com
- Thomas Hobbs is a sophomore electrical engineering major from Long Island, and the current treasurer of the UVM chapter of Engineers Without Borders. As treasurer, he monitors and oversees all monetary transactions in relation to the club such as fundraising events, conferences, and other expenses. He also fences epee on UVM's fencing team, and in his free time likes to sail and play music.
Austin Grant (Webmaster) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Austin Grant is a sophomore majoring in Civil Engineering, from New Hampshire and loves the great outdoors. He has been an active member of EWB for over 400 days and enjoys meetings and working with other engineers on creative and impactful projects. His position is digital media and web management. He is a Resident Advisor in the Green House community and has a passion for photography.
- Anna Towle is a sophomore Electrical Engineering Major. She currently lives in the GreenHouse and is very interested in renewable energies. Anna currently holds the "Anna Position". The job of the Anna Position is to work with all of the other board members on their projects and to assist them in any way possible. It is a multifunctional position that is designed to spread out the work load among group members. Anna will be traveling to Denmark in the spring to enjoy a semester abroad in Copenhagen and to learn about sustainability and renewable energies. In her spare time, Anna loves to catch up on her well earned sleep and Netflix time and to add to her many Pinterest boards.
- Sarah Blatt is a sophomore majoring in Mechanical Engineering with a Biomedical concentration and is this year's Event Coordinator for EWB. She is excited about all of the new projects for this year and can't wait to see where they take us and how they will make a difference in the community. In her spare time, she enjoys running with the Running Club and other friends, playing alto saxophone in Pep Band, and playing her violin.
Sebastian Ventrone (Professional Club Advisor)
Carrie McLoughlin (EWB Professional Chapter Advisor)
Luis Garcia (Professional Advisor/Dean of CEMS)
Thomas Tailer (Dome Project Advisor)
Last modified November 13 2013 09:21 AM