RACC Undergraduate Summer Internships 2013
The Undergraduate Internship Program offers students the opportunity to participate in current research conducted through the Research on Adaptation to Climate Change (RACC) program. Undergraduates selected to participate in the RACC program will be matched with a research team of faculty and graduate students working on the transdisciplinary RACC research program. In April, students give an oral presentation or poster presentation of their research results. As part of this program, students do full-time research for 10 weeks with a faculty member in one of the following areas:
- Molecular Biology
- Environmental Policy & Law
- Watershed Ecology
- Lake Ecology
- Land Use Management
- Water Chemistry & Microbiology
- Environmental Impacts on Human Health
Read the 2013 Research Project Descriptions for detailed information about the 2013 research opportunities.
Internships are available on these campuses:
- Saint Michael's College in Colchester
- University of Vermont in Burlington
- Johnson State College in Johnson
- Middlebury College in Middlebury
The internship lasts 10 weeks during the summer from June 3-August 9. The following April, interns are required to attend and present their research at the Vermont EPSCoR Student Research Symposium.
Interns earn hourly wages for the equivalent of $5,000 over the 10 week period (~400 hours). Workman's compensation at 8.7% is part of the wages.
- Students graduating prior to the start of internship are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents enrolled in a college or university with a strong interest in a career in STEM or social science research.
Individuals with disabilities, veterans, students from underrepresented minority groups, and students from two year colleges are strongly encouraged to apply.
Thank you so much for your interest. Please contact Miranda Lescaze directly at email@example.com to apply. We welcome all applications from veterans and disabled.
View some of the 2012 RACC summer interns in action!
VT EPSCoR Center for Workforce Development and Diversity
Saint Michael's College
One Winooski Park Box 137
Colchester, VT 05439