Jean Richardson, Ph. D.
Professor Emerita, Environmental Studies, Natural Resources and Geography
Former Director of Environmental Partnerships in Communities (EPIC), a sustainable rural development project
President New England Environmental Policy Center (NEEPC).
Expertise: Sustainable rural community development; environmental negotiation and leadership; regional analysis.
710 Old Hollow Road
North Ferrisburgh, VT 05473
Tel: (802) 425-3733
Fax: (802) 425-3722
Post-Doctoral: Law Clerkship, State of Vermont 1978-82
Ph.D. and M.S.: University of Wisconsin, Madison (Biogeography)
B.Sc. 1965: University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, Faculties of Science
- Associate, Environmental Law Institute
- Fellow, Center for Research on Vermont
- Appointed by Governor Dean to the State Environmental Board 1993 - 1995; 2001 - 2005.
- Elected Fellow, Vermont Academy of Arts and Sciences, 2000 - present.
- Appointed by President Clinton to the Comission on Environmental Cooperation in NAFTA 1994 - 1999.
Partnerships in Communities: Re-weaving the Fabric of Rural America; Island Press; Washington DC, 2000.
Dioxin Sources, Air Transport and Contamination of Dairy Feed Crops and Milk; Center for Biology of Natural Systems, City University of New York and the New England Environmental Policy Center, 1998.
Last Update: December 2006