Ian A. Worley, Ph. D.Professor Emeritus
Former Director of the Environmental Program from 1994 to 2008
Currently: Lecturer in the Environmental Program and Geography Department
Focus: Natural History and Ecology, Environmental Theory and Ethics
Ph.D., 1972, University of British Columbia, Canada (Botany)
M.Sc., 1966, University of Canterbury, New Zealand (Botany)
B.S., 1964; B.A., 1964, Youngstown State University (Math and Physics)
GEOG 040 Weather Climate and Landscapes
ENVS 173 Landscape Natural History
Past Teaching and Advising:
Introduction to Environmental Studies
Intermediate Environmental Studies
Advanced Environmental Ethics
Introduction to Natural History and Ecology
- Member and former chairperson, Vermont Endangered Species Committee.
- Occasional natual resources contributor to Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- Active birder and a reviewer of bird observations data for Vermont eBird and the Vermont Center for Ecostudies.
- Vermont Flight Academy educational advisor, member of Board of Directors, and Assistant Chief Flight Instructor. Flight instructor for primary and advanced students.
- Curriculum and course planning advisor for the Professional Pilot Program and Major being created collaboratively by Vermont Technical College and Vermont Flight Academy.
- Hanging out at home gardening and tending to numerous critters.
Last modified April 16 2012 02:11 PM