International Volunteer Opportunities
For more information on a wide range of opportunities abroad, go to UVM's Office of International Educational Services.
- Council on International Educational Exchange's, International Volunteer Projects brings together 10-20 volunteers from different countries to work
as a team on service projects which benefit a local community. Volunteers in Europe, Africa, Asia, and America enjoy working, living, learning and
having fun together while promoting international cooperation and understanding.
- Cross Cultural Solutions projects work internationally to facilitate cross-cultural communication, empower the underprivileged, and promote
international understanding through direct people-to-people contact.
- Frontiers Foundation Inc. is a non-profit voluntary service
organization supporting the advancement of economically and socially disadvantaged
communities in Canada and Overseas through the Operation Beaver Program. Volunteer services are available to people all over the world
interested in helping others help themselves.
- Global Routes commits itself to offering experiences that allow people with different worldviews to engage each other in creating a global
community. Internships in Costa Rica, Thailand, Kenya, Ecuador and America's Navajo Nation teach in the areas local schools and take up
community service projects.
- Global Services Corps provides opportunities for adult volunteers to live and work on projects in developing nations. It gives adults a chance to
care for the people, the Earth and a chance to learn from and to teach the underpriviledged.
- Global Volunteer Network a nonprofit organization that places volunteers in community projects in China, Ecuador, Ghana, Nepal, New Zealand, Romania, Russia, Thailand, and Uganda. Volunteers have the opportunity to participate in a variety of educational, environmental and community aid programs. Examples of the exciting and rewarding activities available to volunteers include teaching English, environmental work, health and sanitation, and cultural home stays.
- Global Volunteers is a private non-profit organization that arranges short-term service programs in 16 different countries around the world, lasting
1-3 weeks in duration. The programs goal is to help to establish a foundation for peace through mutual international understanding.
- Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to eliminating poverty housing and homelessness
worldwide. It's Global Village program introduces concerned people to the exciting hands-on, grass-roots house-building work at Habitat affiliates
around the world.
- The Hunger Project is a strategic organization committed to the sustainable end of chronic hunger. In Africa, Asia and Latin America they
empower local people to create lasting society-wide progress in health, education, nutrition and family incomes.
- The Institute for International Cooperation and Development's Global Education program is a chance to contribute with your mind and body to the
improvement of the living conditions of our fellow human beings. Work programs in Africa and Latin America include activities such as constructing
schools and workshops, teaching, learning and improving education and health services.
- Peacework gives people the opportunity to offer their time and skills in humanitarian services and have a most rewarding and exciting experience
doing so. It gives people a chance to test their own skills and knowledge and learn and experience the struggles of people living at the margins of
- Plenty's mission is to help indigenous and grassroots groups that are "on the edge" in various countries to increase their self-sufficiency and ability
to survive into the future, through various methods.
- Projects Abroad is a leading organizer of volunteer placements across five continents. They offer a diverse range of teaching, care, conservation, medical, journalism and work experience projects, plus the opportunity to become part of one of their local communities overseas.
- Service Civil International's voluntary options are different workcamps made up of volunteers from many nationalities working together in
grassroot community service projects all over the world promoting tolerance and understanding.
- Transitions Abroad offers a volunteering for exchange of a home while traveling. They believe that traveling should also be a learning process and
what better way to learn about a culture than to live with it's people, speak it's language and work it's jobs.
- Visions in Action is an international non-profit organization dedicated to contributing to social justice in the urban setting. Since 1988 some 200
volunteers have worked side by side with host nationals in the areas of project management, community development, health care, housing, youth
coordination, the environment, human rights, democratization, research and journalism.
- Volunteers for Peace is based in Belmont, Vt. and offers positions at workcamps around the globe. VFP has volunteers in places such as Bolivia,
Chile, Ecuador, Mexico and Nicaragua. Their mission is to provide programs where concerned people can work together to overcome the need,
violence and environmental decay we face today.
Last modified April 04 2012 10:29 AM