Students graduating from the Environmental Sciences program find jobs. The program is tailored to offer students enough hands-on experience to create marketable people entering the workforce.
The world's ever-increasing environmental problems have created an urgency for solutions-oriented people. Some recent graduates have found success in the following ways:
- A natural resource specialist for the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
- An environmental assessor with the U.S. Department of Energy
- A conservation planner for The Nature Conservancy in Florida
- Environmental technicians throughout the Northeast
- An environmental chemist working with a team of University of Wisconsin scientists on mercury contamination in the Everglades.
Advanced study in the environmental sciences presents alternative job opportunities
ENSC alumni/ae are currently pursuing graduate degrees at Tufts, Michigan, Yale, Cornell, Syracuse and Oklahoma. Alum with advanced degrees have worked in higher education, consulting and government.
Last modified September 08 2006 09:53 AM