Accelerated Master's Degree Program in English
Earn a Master's Degree identical to our standard two-year MA on an accelerated timeline by beginning the work before graduating from UVM. Normally a BA plus MA takes six years. In the Accelerated Master's Program (AMP) you can earn both degrees in five years, saving you both time and tuition dollars!
How does it work?
Accepted AMP students begin work toward their MA during their senior year, while completing the BA.
- Six credits are taken in the senior year that count toward both the BA and the MA
- An additional three credits toward the MA (that do not count toward the BA) are taken before graduating from UVM.
- Three credits toward the MA are taken in the summer after graduation.
- Remaining MA credits (nine per semester) are completed in year 5.
Who can apply?
When are applications due?
February 1st for AMP students beginning the program the following fall semester.
- minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Graduate College Application Form
- three letters of recommendation from UVM faculty members
- a writing sample
Please note that for AMP applicants GRE scores are not required.
For more information please contact Jennifer.Sisk@uvm.edu
Last modified February 12 2018 02:07 PM