Emergency Preparedness Helpful Hints
- Keep your CatAlert information up to date.
- Carry your UVM CATcard at all times for identification and access on campus.
- As you use your CATcard to access buildings, please do not allow unknown people to enter the building behind you.
- During hours of darkness, walk only in lighted areas, and be aware of nearby "blue light" emergency phones.
- Report any activity or objects out of place to UVM Police Services (911 or 656-4000)
- For any building you use, always know two exits that don't require the use of an elevator.
- Always evacuate if the fire alarm sounds.
- In the event of an incident outside, stay inside the building you are in unless advised otherwise by public safety officials.
- In the event of an incident in your building, take your UVM CATcard, purse, wallet, keys, and cell phone, then leave and go to another place of safety on campus.
- Have a communication plan for contacting family members, and include someone who lives in another area code who can pass a message home.
- During an emergency, stay in touch with what is happening on campus by calling the UVM Emergency Information Line (656-0000), checking the UVM homepage (www.uvm.edu), and monitoring your UVM e-mail account.
Last modified April 23 2008 09:28 AM