Emergency Operations Group
The Emergency Operations Group is responsible for developing and implementing action plans to respond to, and recover from, a campus emergency. This group works from a specially equipped Emergency Operations Center (EOC) under the leadership of the Associate VP for Administrative and Facilities Services and the Assistant VP for Student and Campus Life, who serve as its co-chairs and as EOC Directors (depending on the nature of the incident).
Co-Chairs and EOC Directors
- William P. Ballard, Associate Vice President for Administrative & Facilities Services (EOC Director for level 4/5 emergencies)
- Annie Stevens, Assistant Vice President for Student and Campus Life (EOC Director for level 3 emergencies)
- Pat Brown, Director of Student Life
- Sal Chiarelli, Director of Physical Plant
- Enrique Corredera, Director of University Communications
- Mary Dewey, Director of Risk Management
- Stacey Miller, Director of Residential Life
- Lianne Tuomey, Chief/Director of Police Services
- Jon Porter, Interim Director of Center for Health & Wellbeing
- David Todd, Chief Information Officer
- Patty Eldred, Director of AFS Auxiliary Services (log/scribe)
Deans, Directors, or content experts from impacted units may be asked to join the Emergency Operations Group by the EOC Commander as the situation dictates. In emergency situations that involve the City of Burlington or surrounding communities, public emergency response agencies (Fire, Police, EMS, Public Works) that serve the campus may be asked to provide agency representatives to the EOC to expedite coordination.
Last modified August 13 2009 02:46 PM