Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Pearce, A.R., D.M. Rizzo, and P.J. Mouser, “Subsurface characterization of groundwater contaminated by landfill leachate using microbial community profile data and a non-parametric decision-making process”, Water Resources Research, Accepted, 2011.
- Eppstein. M.J., D.K. Grover, J.S. Marshall and D.M. Rizzo, “An Agent-Based Model to Study Market Penetration of Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles”, Energy Policy, Accepted, 2011.
- Hayden, N.J., D.M. Rizzo, M.M. Dewoolkar, M.D. Neumann, S.A. Lathen and A. Sadek, “Incorporating a Systems Approach into Civil and Environmental Engineering Curricula: The Effect on Student Work, Student and Faculty Attitudes”, (AEE-07-120), Advances in Engineering Education, Accepted, 2011.
- Mouser, P.J., D.M. Rizzo, G. Druschel, S.E. Morales, P. O’Grady, N.J. Hayden and L. Stevens, “Enhanced Detection of Groundwater Contamination from a Leaking Waste Disposal Site by Microbial Community Profiles”, Water Resources Research, 46, W12506, doi:10.1029/2010WR009459, 2010.
- Lee, M., A. Drizo, D.M. Rizzo, G.K. Druschel, N.J. Hayden and E. Twohig, “Evaluating the efficiency and temporal variation of pilot-scale constructed wetlands and steel slag phosphorus removing filters for treating dairy wastewater”, Water Research, 44, pp. 4077-4086, doi:10.1016/j.watres.2010.05.020, 2010.
- Besaw, L.E., D.M. Rizzo, P.R. Bierman, and W. Hackett, “Advances in Ungauged Streamflow Prediction using Neural Networks”, Journal of Hydrology, doi:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2010.02.037, 2010.
- Pearce, A.R., P.R. Bierman, G.K. Druschel, C. Massey, D.M. Rizzo, M.C. Watzin, B.C. Wemple, “Pitfalls and Successes of Developing an Interdisciplinary Watershed Field Camp”, Journal of Geoscience Education, v. 58, p. 213-220, 2010.
- McBride, M. C.W. Hession and D.M. Rizzo, “Riparian Reforestation and Channel Change: How long does it take?”, Geomorphology, 116(3-4): 330-340; doi:10.1016/j.geomorph.2009.11.014, 2009.
- Dewoolkar, M.M., L. George, N.J. Hayden, D.M. Rizzo, “Vertical Integration of Service Learning into Civil and Environmental Engineering Curricula”, International Journal of Engineering Education, 25(6), 1257-1269, 2009.
- Besaw, L.E., D.M. Rizzo, M. Kline, K.L. Underwood, J.J. Doris, L.A. Morrissey and K. Pelletier, “Stream Classification using Hierarchical Artificial Neural Networks: A fluvial Hazard Management Tool”, Journal of Hydrology, doi:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2009.04.007, 373(1-2) : 34-43, 2009.
- Kollat, J.B., P. M. Reed, and D.M. Rizzo, “Addressing Model Bias and Uncertainty in Three-dimensional Groundwater Transport Forecasts for a Physical Aquifer Experiment”, Geophysical Research Letters, 35, L17402, doi: 10.1029/2008GL035021, 2008.
- McBride, M., D.M. Rizzo, W.C. Hession, “Riparian Reforestation and Channel Change: A Case Study of Two Small Tributaries to Sleepers River, Northeastern Vermont, USA”, Geomorphology, 102 (3-4) 445-459, doi: 10.1016/j.geomorph.2008.05.008, 2008.
- Stevens, L. and D.M. Rizzo, “Local Adaptation to Biocontrol Agents: A Multi-Objective Data-Driven Optimization Model for the Evolution of Resistance”, Ecological Complexity, DOI: 10.1016/j.ecocom.2008.04.002, 5: 252-259, 2008.
- Clark, J.S., D.M. Rizzo, M.C. Watzin, W.C. Hession, “Geomorphic Condition of Fish Habitat in Streams: An Analysis Using Hydraulic Modeling and Geostatistics”, River Research and Applications, 24(7), pp.885-899, DOI: 10.1002/rra.1085, 2008.
- Costanza, R, P.B. Fisher, S. Ali, C. Beer, L. Bond, R. Boumans, N.L. Danigelis, J. Dickinson, C. Elliott, J. Farley, D.E. Gayer, L. MacDonald Glenn, T. Hudspeth, D. Mahoney, L. McCahill, B. McIntosh, B. Reed, S.A.T. Rizvi, D.M. Rizzo, T. Simpatico, and R. Snapp, “An Integrative Approach to Quality of Life Measurement, Research and Policy”, Surveys and Perspectives Integrating Environment and Society, 1:1-5. Available online at: www.surv-perspect-integr-environ-soc.net/1/11/2008.
- Doris, J., D. M. Rizzo and M.M. Dewoolkar, “Forecasting Vertical Ground Surface Movement from Shrinking/Swelling Soils with Artificial Neural Networks”, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 32 (10), 1229-1245, 2007.
- Besaw, L.E. and D.M. Rizzo, “Spatial Prediction and Stochastic Conditional Simulation using Artificial Neural Networks”, Water Resources Research, 43, W11409, DOI: 10.1029/2006WR005509, 2007.
- McBride, M. C.W. Hession, D.M. Rizzo and D.M. Thompson, “The Influence of Riparian Vegetation on Near-bank Turbulence: A Flume Experiment”, Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, 32, 2019-2037, doi: 10.1002/esp. 1513, 2007.
- Langevin, H.M., D.M. Rizzo, J.R. Fox, G.J. Badger, J. Wu, E.E. Konofagou, D. Stevens-Tuttle, N.A. Bouffard and M.H. Krag, “Dynamic Morphometric Characterization of Local Connective Tissue Network Structure in Humans using Ultrasound”, BMC Systems Biology, 1 (25), 2007.
- Costanza, R., P. B.Fisher, S. Ali, C. Beer, L. Bond, R. Boumans1, N. L. Danigelis , J. Dickinson, C. Elliott, J. Farley, D. E. Gayer, L. MacDonald Glenn, T. Hudspeth, D. Mahoney, L. McCahil, B. McIntosh, B. Reed, S. A. Turab Rizvi, D.M. Rizzo, T. Simpatico and R. Snapp, “Quality of Life: An Approach Integrating Opportunities, Human Needs, and Subjective Well-Being”, Ecological Economics, 60, 267-276, 2007.
- Cianfrani, C., W.C. Hession and D.M. Rizzo, “Watershed Imperviousness Impacts on Stream Channel Condition in Southeastern Pennsylvania”, Journal of the American Water Resources Association, 42 (4), 941-956, 2006.
- Rossman, A.J., N.J. Hayden and D.M. Rizzo, “Low Temperature Soil Heating using Renewable Energy”, Journal of Environmental Engineering. 132 (5), 537-544, 2006.
- Rizzo, D.M., P.Mouser, D.Whitney, C. Mark, R. Magarey and A. Voinov, “The Comparison of Four Dynamic Systems-based Software Packages: Translation and Sensitivity Analysis”, Environmental Software and Modelling, (21), 1491-1502, 2006.
- Mouser, P.J., D.M. Rizzo, W.F.M. Roling, B.M. and van Breukelen, “A Multivariate Geostatistical Approach to Spatial Representation of Groundwater Contamination using Hydrochemistry and Microbial Community Profiles”, Environmental Science & Technology, 39 (19), 7551-7559, 2005.
- Mouser, P.J., W.C. Hession, D.M. Rizzo and N.J. Gotelli, “Hydrology and Geoststatistics in Vermont, U.S.A. Kettlehole Peatland”, Journal of Hydrology, 301(1-4), 250-266, 2005.
- Gran, S.E., A. Matmon, P.R. Bierman, Y. Enzel, M. Caffee and D.M. Rizzo, “Displacement History of the Nahef East Fault, Northern Israel, using Cosmogenic 36Cl”, Journal of Geophysical Research, 106 (3), 4247-4264, 2001.
- Rizzo, D.M. and D.E. Dougherty, “Design Optimization for Multiple Management Period Groundwater Remediation”, Water Resources Research, 32 (8), 2549-2561, 1996.
- Rizzo, D.M. and D.E. Dougherty, “Characterization of Aquifer Properties using Artificial Neural Networks: Neural Kriging”, Water Resources Research, 30 (2), 483-497, 1994.
- Rizzo, D.M., M.M. Dewoolkar and N.J. Hayden, “Transferable Skills Development in Engineering Students: Analysis of Service-Learning Impact”, Book Chapter in Philosophy and Engineering: Reflections on Practice, Principles and Process. P. Vermaas and D. Michelfelder (eds.), Springer Press, Accepted 2011.
- Rizzo, D.M., “Long-Term Ground Water Modeling”, Book Chapter in Environmental Modeling and Management: Theory, Practice and Future Directions, C.C. Chien, et al. (eds.), Today Media Inc., 2002. (Now republished as Contaminated Ground Water and Sediment: Modeling for Management and Remediation, by Lewis Publishers, 2003.)
- Rizzo, D.M., “Field Studies of Long-term Monitoring Design”, Book Chapter in Long-Term Groundwater Monitoring: The State of the Art. Prepared by The Task Committee on the State of the Art in Long-Term Groundwater Monitoring Design, ASCE, 2003.
- Rizzo, D.M. and D.E. Dougherty, “Artificial Neural Networks in Subsurface Characterization”, Book Chapter in Artificial Neural Networks in Hydrology, R.S. Govindaraju and A.R. Rao (eds.),111-133, 2000.