Change of Identity
Students who wish to change their names or identities can do so by filling out
a short form available at the Dean of Students Office. There are three options
students can choose when changing names/identity
- ID Card: This enables the student to obtain a CATcard with
the new name. This option is processed by the CATcard Office located
off the lobby of the Bookstore.
- Banner: This will change all school records. NOTE:
This may cause confusion with Financial Aid as the name will not match.
Student should read information on the back of the Change of Identity form.
This option is processed by the Registrar’s Office in Waterman 360.
- Alias for UVM Email Account: An alias ID will be set up
so that all email will go into the original email account. This option
is processed by CIT, Computing Information Technology, Waterman 238
Steps to completing change of identity:
- Fill out Application for a Changed Identity
obtained online or by visiting the Dean of Students Office.
- Turn in completed form (2 pages) to the Dean of Students Office in Nicholson
House—-2nd Floor. Staff in the Dean of Students Office will make
a copy of the form for the student to take to the CATcard office where for
a $3.00 fee, a new card will be made. The Dean of Students Office will
fax the completed form to the Registrar's Office and to CIT if needed.