Thinking about Special Education? Learn about all of your options!
If you are interested in pursuing a career in Special Education, we have options! For applicants and undergraduates interested in early intervention or early childhood special education (ages birth through 6), we have options in Early Childhood Special Education. If you are interested in becoming a teacher at the elementary, middle, or secondary levels and want to gain experience working with children and youth with disabilities in grades K-12, read about our Special Education Minor! You can also read about our option to earn Dual Endorsement in K-12 General and Special Education. If you already have an undergraduate degree, you'll want to know about our M.Ed. programs in Special Education or Early Childhood Special Education. We also have a Transformative Leadership Program as part of our Ed.D. Program in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies! For questions and application information regarding any of our options please contact us!
Looking for an Undergraduate Program in Early Childhood Special Education for children ages birth through 6 years?
3 features of Early Childhood Special Education:
- Opportunities to access experienced faculty
- Exciting work with young children and their families
- Great career opportunities in a field with personnel shortages
How about a minor in Special Education? Dual endorsement?
3 Features of Special Education Minor and Dual Endorsement Programs:
- Variety of core classes and electives
- Opportunities to gain research-based skills
- Enhanced hiring potential with special education background
Already have a B.A. or a B.S.? Looking for a Master's in Special Education (kindergarten through 12th grade)?
3 Features of Master's Degree Programs:
- Nationally accredited program
- Opportunity to gain initial teacher licensure
- Evening courses for working professionals
Last modified March 05 2014 01:40 PM