Directions to Matthews' Lab from NYC
|DIRECTIONS driving NORTH from the New York City Area:
|Route A: My favorite approach is up the Taconic Parkway.
- You get to the Taconic by getting on the Sprain Brook Parkway. You can get to the Sprain Brook from the Cross County Parkway by first going up the Bronx River Parkway, which immediately becomes the Sprain. Or you can pick up the Sprain from I-287 just west of White Plains.
- Take the Sprain Brook north until it becomes the Taconic.
- Once you are on the Taconic State Prkwy, take it north to its end. There is a diner and a gas station on the right (east side) located about 10 minutes before the top end of Taconic, if you need a place to get gas or stop for snack/coffee.
- At the end of the Taconic take I-90 west.
- At exit B1, I-90 goes straight on as a toll road to join w/ I-87 (which you do not want). You want to go north toward Albany.
- In Albany (after you cross the Hudson river), take I-787 north.
- After you pass around the east side of Albany, take the exit for route 7 west toward I-87.
- Get on I-87 north (also called the "Northway").
| Route B: Get on I-87 north anyway you want and take it until you are above Albany on the Northway (still I-87).
|DIRECTIONS driving NORTH from Albany:
- Get on I-87 north.
- At exit 20 on I-87 (above Glens Falls), take route 149 east.
- Proceed on 149 until you reach Fort Ann.
- At the center of Fort Ann (traffic light), take a left (north) on route 4 (also marked 22).
- Follow 4 through Whitehall (22 splits off in Whitehall) into Vermont.
- In Vt, 4 becomes a 4-lane highway. Take the exit for route 22A north toward Vergennes.
- If you go right (south) you immediately come into Fair Haven where there is a good Mobil gas station/convenience store with good gas prices, coffee & a MacDonalds. A good place to stop.
- Continue on 22A north until you go through Vergennes.
- Outside of Vergennes, 22A hits route 7 at a "T". Take 7 north to Shelburne.
- Just past the exit for the "Teddy Bear Factory" as you enter Shelburne, there is a traffic light (just before the Shelburne Museum entrance). The crossroad is Bostwick Rd on the left
and Marsett Rd on the right.
- Take a right (east) on Marsett Rd.
- At the 4-way stop, Marsett becomes Falls Rd.
- Continue straight on Falls Rd. Then take the left side of the Y that appears (Irish Hill Rd).
- At the top of the hill at the 4-way stop, take a left (north) onto Spear St.
- Continue north on Spear St. about 6 miles. You will pass stop signs for Bishop Rd & Webster Rd. You will pass Barstow Rd and Allen Rd. You will pass the traffic light for Swift St. You will enter South Burlington proper. You will pass the UVM hockey rink & sports complex on the left.
- Get in the left lane at the traffic light at Main St/Williston Rd. and turn left on Main St..
- After the next immediate traffic light, go right (north) into the university. You will see signs for Fletcher Allen Health Care & UVM.
- Continue using the local directions link
| Go to local directions
Last modified May 29 2005 10:25 AM