Division of Finance & Enterprise Services
From: Barbara Johnson, Associate Vice President for Human Resources
To: UVM Faculty and Staff
Re: New Wellness Partnership
Date: October 24, 2011
The University of Vermont is pleased to announce a working partnership with The Wellness Corporation, a New England-based company that has provided employee assistance and wellness programs to institutions of higher education for over 25 years.
Recognizing the difficulty of balancing the many facets of life in today’s fast-paced world, we believe it’s important for the University to enable its faculty and staff to focus their energy and work effectively in a challenging work environment. With this in mind, we expect that the new partnership with The Wellness Corporation will provide access to a significantly expanded range of worklife resources and support.
The Wellness Corporation has successfully provided services to many colleges and universities, including: Babson, Vassar, Middlebury, Champlain, Williams, Northeastern, Harvard, Mt. Holyoke and Holy Cross. These schools and others enthusiastically affirm the value they have received through a relationship with The Wellness Corporation, and UVM looks forward to experiencing these benefits and resources as well.
The Wellness Corporation will provide a variety of services to the families of UVM faculty and staff:
- 24/7 access to Wellness Corporation’s WorkLife Program (800-828-6025)
- In-Person Counseling Sessions
- Budget and Debt Counseling
- Legal Consultations by phone (with discounts on in-person services)
- Financial Consultations by phone
- New-Parent Transition Coaching program
- WorkLife Resources and Referrals
- Health and Wellness Coaching online and by phone
- Unlimited Access to the www.wellnessworklife.com Website
- Monthly WorkLife Newsletter
- Regular WorkLife Balance Webinars
- Web-based and Onsite Management Training and Support
Expect to receive a welcome packet from The Wellness Corporation delivered to your home address in about six weeks. When it arrives, please share the information in the packet with the members of your household, since they too will have access to the services being provided.
Please note that representatives of The Wellness Corporation will be on campus on November 9 and 10. Consider hearing all that they have to offer by participating in one of two Employee Information Meetings:
- November 9 at 3:00 PM in Waterman 427
- November 10 at 10:00 AM in Davis Center’s Frank Livak Ballroom
Last modified January 23 2012 02:28 PM