- Sound (Teaching) Bite: UVM's 4-Year Plan for Career Success: Advising and Teaching Tips
- What's the Hype About Hybrid?
- Panel Discussion: Teaching in the Field – Faculty Experiences in Community-Based Research
- Introduction to UVM’s General Education Sustainability Learning Outcomes Course Proposal
View Events Calendar
- Teaching Resources
- Teaching with Blackboard
Teaching with Blackboard
On this page we present some of the ways Blackboard (UVM's learning management system) can be used to enhance teaching and learning, whether teaching face-to-face in a hybrid learning environment or fully online.
Blackboard Communication Tools
- Email Options
- Discussion Board – This tool can be used to expand upon—or in lieu of—the classroom discussion. In the discussion board, a topic can be posted and students can respond at any time.
- Blogs for Writing and Journaling
- Chat Tool – The Pronto Chat tool can be used for "office hours" and live online conversations.