- Promoting Active and Productive Online Discussions
- Strategies for the Globally Diverse Classroom
- Using Camtasia for Screencasting (Mac)
- Book Group: “Contemplative Practices in Higher Education: Powerful Methods to Transform Teaching and Learning”
View Events Calendar
How to Back Up Tests
(or Surveys or Pools)
Note: Instructors are responsible for making and keeping backups of their course materials and other course data. Deleted data in a Bb course cannot otherwise be recovered.
These instructions describe how to back up a Blackboard test, but the same instructions apply to surveys and question pools.
- In your Blackboard course control panel, click "Course Tools."
- Then choose "Tests, Surveys and Pools."
- On this page, choosing "Tests" will provide you with a list of tests in your course.
- Click the small chevron arrow to the right of the specific test and, from the drop down list, choose "Export."
- This will create a zip file that you can now save to your computer for safe keeping.
To import a test zip file to another course, go to the same area (within the new course):
Control Panel / Tests, Surveys, and Pools / Tests, click the green "Import Tests" button and follow the steps.
Once you have imported your test, you can make it accessible to students by implementing it on a content area page. For instructions see Step 8 on the Tests and Surveys page.