Hey guys Ethan and I were talking about projects we could do next semester and it made sense to write them down in the forum. Here's a list of what we came up with so far/ what's on the board as I write this:
- Revamp Login page in the lab
- Open GL programming (I was thinking maybe a mini RPG featuring the CS Crew around spots in Burlington
- Flash Programming
- Stuff with the Kinect (need to make its purchase worth while)
- Robot stuff
- Kernel/system programming
Please post any suggestions if you have any (Mark? you tend to have good ideas). Also a long with these projects we are going to try and host more fun activities like:
- Programming challenges (maybe with prizes!)
- Talks about various awesome stuff (Frameworks, design patterns,...)
- Makers Fair coming to Shelburne- I would like to get us a booth there to show off some of our awesome projects!
- Make your own website nights (online resumes are sweet!)
- Hack a server- we'll set up a server with a simple/common exploit and you guys get to break into it!
Again this is all just ideas so far of what we would like to do. And please definitely let us know if you come up with and awesome/interesting ideas for projects or events we should hold.