Center for Research on Emotion, Stress, and Technology (CREST)
Welcome to the homepage for the
Center for Research on Emotion, Stress, and Technology at the
University of Vermont. We are an interdisciplinary team who
research on traumatic stress. Our main objective is to find ways to
the distress many experience after a trauma and prevent chronic
suffering. To achieve this challenging goal, we integrate methods from
psychology, neuroscience, computer science, and robotics.
Interested in Joining Our Team?
We are always interested in
new motivated team members with an interest in psychology, computer
science, or a related field.
Click here if you interested in joining the lab as:
Recent Updates at CREST
Our team is actively involved in research, clinical work, and related activites to help those who have experienced a trauma. Here are some of our recent accomplishments!
- 7.1.14: Congratulations to Dr. Price on the acceptance of a workshop and symposium to ABCT 2014! See you in Philadelphia this November!
- 7.1.14: A big round of congratulations to members of the CREST team! Maggie Evans and Sara Brennan had posters accepted to ISTSS 2014! Dr. Price was part of an accepted symposium on technology in mental health care! See you all in Miami this November!
- 6.28.14: Examining patient-level factors in the receipt and completion of PTSD treatment (ISTSS Blog)
- 6.12.14: Three strategies to improve access to mental health care (ISTSS Blog)
- 5.23.14: Congratulations on our new publication: Predictors of Using Mental Health Services After Sexual Assault
- 5.15.14: Participate in one of our online studies - Click Here to Access the Survey
- 5.14.15: Dr. Price joins the Neuroscience, Behavior, and Health Initiative at UVM (NBH Initiative)
- 4.22.14: Congratulations on our new publication: A Randomized, Double-Blind Evaluation of D-Cycloserine or Alprazolam Combined with Virtual Realtiy Exposure Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder in Iraq and Afghanistan War Veterans
- 3.31.14: Predicting Which Symptoms Drive Treatment Seeking (ISTSS Blog)
- 3.26.14: Check out what CREST is up to at UVM! (UVM Communications)
- 3.10.14: Congratulations to Annie Mahuex for receiving a UVM Summer Stipend to study self compassion and PTSD symptoms!
- 3.3.14: Adolescent Mental Health After a Tornado (ISTSS Blog)
- 2.21.14: Assessment of Post-Traumatic Injury Risk: Whom Should We Keep an Eye On? (ISTSS Blog)
- 2.18.14: Congratualtions to Dr. Price on the recent publication: A Feasibility Pilot Study on the Use of Text Messages to Track PTSD Symptoms After a Traumatic Injury
- 2.10.14: Congratualtions to Dr. Price on the recent publication: Emergency
Department Predictors of Posttraumatic Stress Reduction for
Trauma-Exposed Individuals With and Without an Early Intervention
- 2.3.14: If you build it, will clinicians come? Clinician perceptions of using a smartphone app (ISTSS Blog)
- 1.13.14: Congratulations to Dr. Price who was selected for the ADAA Career Development Leadership Program!
- 1.8.14: Our web address
has changed! Update your browsers. We are now located at: www.uvm.edu/~crest/
- 1.6.14: A careful
examination of the intrusive symptoms of PTSD (ISTSS
- 12.17.13: Similarities between those with PTSD and related anxiety disorders (ISTSS Blog)
- 12.4.13: The Avengers
Development Team wins the Judge's Choice
Prize at the first UVM CS Fair! (UVM CS Fair)
- 12.3.13: Dr. Price is elected the President of the ABCT Technology and Behavior Change SIG!
- 12.3.13: The transgenerational transmission of trauma (ISTSS Blog)
- 12.1.13: An overview of the current state of technology in the treatment of PTSD (ISTSS Traumatic Stress Points)
Last modified June 29 2014 12:09 PM