Center for Research on Emotion, Stress, and Technology (CREST)
Welcome to the homepage for the Center for Research on Emotion, Stress, and Technology at the University of Vermont. We are an interdisciplinary team who conducts research on traumatic stress. Our main objective is to find ways to reduce the distress many experience after a trauma and prevent chronic suffering. To achieve this challenging goal, we integrate methods from psychology, neuroscience, computer science, and robotics.
Interested in Joining Our Team?
We are always interested in
new motivated team members with an interest in psychology, computer
science, or a related field.
Click here if you interested in joining the lab as:
Recent Updates at CREST
Our team is actively involved in research, clinical work, and related activites to help those who have experienced a trauma. Here are some of our recent accomplishments!
- 12.7.14: Congrulations on our new paper! Bounce Back Now! Protocol of a Population-Based Randomized Controlled Trial to Examine the Efficacy of a Web-based Intervention with Disaster-Affected Families.
- 11.20.14: Check out Hannah Ward, featured in the 2015 Undergraduate Student Research Profile!
- 11.15.14: Congratulations on the acceptance of our symposium presentation at ADAA - see you in Miami in April 2015: Investigation of Therapist Perceptions of Mobile Applications in
Treatment: A Qualitative Study. In C. Gunter (Chair) Lessons learned
and collaborations formed from the career development leadership
program: Examining multilevel influences on mental healthcare.
- 11.9.14: Congratulations to Maggie Evans and Sara Brennan on presenting at ISTSS 2014!
- 11.1.14: Congratulations on our new publication: Examination
of prior experience with telehealth and comfort with telehealth
technology as a moderator of treatment response for PTSD and depression
- 9.22.14: Congratulations on our new publication: Early
intervention following trauma may mitigate genetic risk for PTSD in
civilians: a pilot prospective emergency department study
- 8.31.14: Congratulations to Sara Brennan on being selected as a finalist for the ISTSS Student Poster Competition!
- 8.22.14: Congratulations on our new publication: Stereotype confirmation concerns predict dropout from cognitive behavioral therapy for social anxiety disorder
- 8.21.14: Hydrocortisone as an adjunct to Prolonged Exposure (ISTSS Blog)
- 8.5.14: Tell me where it hurts: A longitudinal examination of PTSD symptoms and pain (ISTSS Blog)
Congratulations to Dr. Price on the acceptance of a workshop and
symposium to ABCT 2014! See you in Philadelphia this November!
- 7.1.14: A big round of congratulations to members of the CREST team! Maggie Evans and Sara Brennan had posters
accepted to ISTSS 2014! Dr. Price was part of an accepted symposium on
technology in mental health care! See you all in Miami this November!
- 6.28.14: Examining patient-level factors in the receipt and completion of PTSD treatment (ISTSS Blog)
- 6.12.14: Three strategies to improve access to mental health care (ISTSS Blog)
Last modified December 07 2014 10:58 AM