Center for Research on Emotion, Stress, and Technology (CREST)
Welcome to the homepage for the Center for Research on Emotion, Stress, and Technology at the University of Vermont. We are an interdisciplinary team who conducts research on traumatic stress. Our main objective is to find ways to reduce the distress many experience after a trauma and prevent chronic suffering. To achieve this challenging goal, we integrate methods from psychology, neuroscience, computer science, and robotics.
Interested in Joining Our Team?
We are always interested in meeting
new motivated team members with an interest in psychology, computer
science, or a related field.
Click here if you are interested in joining the lab as:
Recent Updates at CREST
Our team is actively involved in research, clinical work, and related activities to help those who have experienced a trauma. Here are some of our recent accomplishments!
- 3.22.17: Our research was featured on MyNBC 5 as part of their coverage on addiction in Vermont.
- 3.2.17: Congratulations to Holley Allen on her receipt of a UVM APLE award to conduct a study on the role of trauma-related guilt and alcohol misuse.
- 3.1.17: We were awarded the American Psychological
Foundation David H. and Beverly A. Barlow Grant to conduct a study on
methods to improve exposure therapy for anxiety disorders! Stay tuned
for more info including how to participate and future results.
- 2.27.17: We will be relocating to a larger space
located at Fletcher Place on UVM's campus. We are excited to have more
room to carry out our work.
- 2.11.17: Congratulations on our new paper! The
intervening role of urgency on the association between childhood
maltreatment, PTSD, and substance-related problems
- 1.20.17: Congratulations on our new paper! Tracking Post-trauma Psychopathology Using Mobile Applications: a Usability Study
- 11.22.16: Dr. Price offers some advice on how to cope
with a fear of flying to the BBC
- 11.7.16: Listen to Dr. Price offer some advice on VPR's
- 10.21.16: Congratulations on our new paper! Rural
and Urban/Suburban Families' Use of a Web-Based Mental Health
- 9.6.16: Dr. Price contributes to the "How I Work Blog"
- 8.28.16: Welcome to the lab Ally! Our newest team member
Check out our past accomplishments and photos in our Archive.
Last modified March 22 2017 09:40 PM