What VCTE Does
1. Creates a common voice on issues of concern for teacher education throughout Vermont.
2. Keeps informed of educational policy issues and their effect on teacher education
3. Advocates for program initiatives that will educate the best teachers in the United States.
4. Shares program information across the teacher education programs of Vermont.
5. Works to refine the professional portfolio component of Vermont's teacher licensure system.
6. Offers testimony before legislative committees on inssues important to teacher education.
a. teaching standards
b. recruitment and graduation
c. the teacher education reform agenda
d. teacher education program approval systems
e. learning environments for all children
f. research on teaching and teacher education
Return to VCTE Home Page