Functional Usage - Examples
- Two staff people, one @ 50 hours per week,
Organized Research(OR), one @25 hours per week, paid from Instruction
Departmental Research funds
- Functional Space = 67% OR,
33% Instr. &
- One PI, a tech, and two graduate Research
occupy the lab and are all paid from Organized Research funds . The
occasionally use lab for studying.
- Functional Space = 95% OR, 5% Instr.
- A faculty professor teaches two courses,
has four sponsored
grants, and provides some public service. After interviewing the
you discover most of his office time is for research.
- Functional Space = 80% OR, 15% Instr.
& DR, 5%
- Department head is 70% funded by Organized
20% funded by dept admin, and 10% funded by Instruction and Department
- Functional Space = 100% Department
- Is this an appropriate allocation?
- Your department conference room is used
meetings for department personnel. However, a faculty member hosts a
sponsored related conference on stopping smoking for the local
- Functional Space = 80% Dept Admin, 20%
- A room is active for five months only.
Four months was used
for Organized Research and one month was used for Instruction and
- Functional Space = 80% OR, 20% Instr.
Last modified February 14 2008 04:54 PM