Recent Updates & Reminders from Purchasing Services
See below for important updates and remniders on the following topics:
- Requisition Category Code Improvements
- Staples Extended Contract and Additional Savings
- New PO Layout Starting July 1
- Procurement Policy Revisions
- Updated Forms
- Requisition Access Knowledge Assessment
- Training and Support
- Updated User Guide
- How to Make this Purchase training sessions
Requisition Category Code Improvements
- We have inactivated many category codes, provided clearer
descriptions, and added the Account Number in the description
for easier searching
- On the Look-Up Category page, Select Search By “Description” in the dropdown menu and enter account number or key words.
- If you click on the header of the Description column, it will sort alphabetically for easier viewing.
- The Category Tree/Category Folders have been deactivated and are no longer a means for searching categories.
- See the new Category List for your needs and as an easy access resource.
Staples Extended Contract and Additional Savings
From July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018, take advantage of
instant online savings of 13% on orders of $60 or more. Current
contracted discounted pricing on hundreds of items will remain the
same for the year, including 100% recycled paper (Large technology
New Purchase Order Layout
Purchasing Services is using the PeopleSoft-delivered Purchase
Order as of July 1, 2017 (FY18).
- POs will have a new look, but will contain all the same information they currently do.
- UVM vendors were notified in June about the new format and reminded to not ship product or begin services until they have received a UVM-authorized purchase order prior to processing any order.
- In addition, UVM vendors will be requested to submit invoices to UVM with a valid purchase order # included to help expedite payment processing.
Procurement Policy Revisions
The approved Procurement
Lease of Goods and Services and Contract Approval and Signatory
Authority for Procurement or Lease of Goods and Services Policy
is now available. Here are some of the more significant revisions:
- Section B.1 – Required Contract Review and Approvals
- Purchasing Services may now review, approve, and sign contracts, leases, quotes, or agreements up to $50,000 and up to 5 years in length. (Previously was equal to or less than 3 years in length)
- Section C.1 – Small Dollar Purchases Less Than $2,500
- Deleted language: “Payment to individuals for services that are 1099 IRS-reportable and moveable equipment may not be purchased using the University’s PurCard”.
- Section C.2 – Purchases $2,501 and greater
- Added language: “For those thresholds that require a purchase order (PO) prior to order placement, the PO is the authorization, which binds UVM to the purchase and payment to the vendor. Failure by faculty, staff, or student to work with their business support staff in their unit, to acquire a PO prior to making a purchase, which confirms the University’s commitment, may result in the individual who placed the order being personally responsible and/or liable to the vendor for payment.”
- Section C.3 – Purchases between $25,001 and $100,000
- The dollar range for using a Quotation Evaluation form changed to $25,000 to $100,000. (Previously was $25,000 to $50,000)
- Section C.4 – Purchases $100,001 or greater
- The Request for Proposal (RFP) threshold has changed to $100,001. (Previously was $50,000)
Updated Forms: The Quotation Evaluation, and the Single/Sole Source Justification forms with procedures have been updated to reflect the new thresholds mentioned above. Please begin using these forms now as they will be required starting July 1st.
Requisition Access Knowledge Assessment
As of June 1, 2017, all new PeopleSoft users who need the ePro requisitioning module are required to pass the Requisition Access Knowledge Assessment in order to have access to the module. Supervisors should submit a request (Footprint) with the new user’s information, including the default “ship-to” location and default chartstring. The new user will then receive further information on how to access the assessment through Blackboard. Purchasing Services created this assessment to help ensure requisition users have adequate knowledge of purchasing policies, process, and the PeopleSoft ePro module.
Training and Support
Purchasing Services will offer regular training sessions on requisition knowledge and the revised Procurement Policy. Check in PeopleSoft HCM for Course code: PSF019 for the next available session. We are also available to attend department staff meetings to cover specific topics and materials pertinent to your group and purchasing needs.
Updated User Guide: The Requisitions,
Order, and Reviewing Payment Information User Guide has been
updated with enhanced blanket PO guidance, new screenshots, and
Last modified July 03 2017 10:48 AM