University of Vermont

University Financial Services

Tax Issues

Assistance with tax issues is provided by Unviersity Financial Services-Tax & Treasury Services.

What are tax issues?

Tax & Treasury Services can offer guidance on the following topics:

  • Independent Contractor vs. Employee Determination
  • Nonresident Alien Payments
  • Prizes & Awards (including taxable fringe benefits)
  • Relocation UOP
  • State Sales Tax Exemptions
  • Unrelated Business Income Tax
  • 1098-T Higher Ed Tax Benefits
  • UVM's IRS determination letter 501 (c)(3)
  • UVM W-9 form (PDF)
  • Vermont Department of Taxes Technical Bulletin TB-13 (UVM Vermont Meals and Rooms Tax Exemption)

Last modified April 16 2018 03:13 PM