The PurCard is the preferred method of payment for small dollar orders and university business travel. UVM's PurCard program offers a one-card solution for purchasing transactions and business travel that simplifies the requisition, receipt, and payment of goods and services for UVM employees.
- UVM has partnered with Amazon Business. This allows for free 2-day shipping on orders of $49 or more, pricing & quantity discounts, and more!
If your order was mistakenly taxed, follow these instructions:
- Go to “Your Orders” on Amazon.com.
- Locate the item that was charged tax and click the “Contact the Seller” button.
- If the button is not there, call the ATEP support line at 1-888-280-9552.
- Enter the subject as “Tax Exemption Refund Request.”
- Include the order number and the amount charged.
- The seller is required to respond within 72 hours. The seller may ask for some additional information or they may simply issue the refund.
- As always, it is best to use UVM’s
contracts and pricing agreements. Questions about
UVM’s contracts and pricing agreements should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Costco now accepts UVM PurCards (and other Visa cards) as a form of payment. No requisition or purchase order is necessary. Please be sure to still bring the UVM Costco card with you. To schedule use of the Costco card, email email@example.com.
All PurCard holders have the responsibility to:
- Complete New PurCard Holder online training
- Maintain original receipts for your purchase and/or travel
- Reconcile to monthly statements
- Reallocate monthly PurCard journals in PeopleSoft to correct budget information
- Adhere to UVM PurCard program guidelines, and UVM policies and procedures
- If your card is lost or stolen, contact U.S. Bank immediately at 1-800-344-5696, then notify the UVM Purchasing Card Team.
- If you notice fraudulent transactions on your Purchasing Card statement or journals, contact U.S. Bank immediately at 1-800-344-5696, then notify the UVM Purchasing Card Team.
The signature of the cardholder’s supervisor or supervisor's designee is required on the purchasing card journals in addition to the cardholder’s signature. Because of the volume of dollars and transactions that the purchasing card program processes, supervisor review and approval is a prudent and necessary business practice. Audits have revealed that purchasing card transactions need greater attention in the home department.
Supervisor's approval on the PurCard Journal Report indicates the
- All transactions are appropriate University business, and fall within University and federal guidelines. Any unusual purchases are supported by an explanation of the business purpose.
- All receipts/invoices are attached.
- Transactions are within guideline limits - $2,500.00 per transaction.
- Transactions are charged to the correct chart string and account.
- Transactions have been reallocated, if necessary.
- Transactions are in compliance with the IRS' Accountable Plan Rules. Space for this documentation is provided on the Purcard Journal report. This is true for all travel and meal transactions.
- Any additional documentation requirements have been completed.
- No Vermont Sales Tax has been charged.
PurCard Journal Reports are due to the Disbursement Center 10
days after journals are available for reallocation.If reports are
not received in a timely basis, purchasing cards will be placed on
hold. It is the supervisor's responsibility to ensure that the
PurCard journal reports are routed to the Disbursement Center in a
- Supervisors must ensure that the purchasing card of a terminating employee is returned to the Disbursement Center for cancellation.
- Supervisors must ensure that the necessary documentation is completed and submitted for the last cycle of purchasing card activity when an employee (cardholder) is terminated.
- New Card Application Form
- Cardholder Agreement Form (Updated 09/14/16)
- Supervisor Responsibility Agreement (Updated 09/14/16)
- Account Maintenance Request
UVM's vehicle fleet has a special card program tied to it. Learn more about the Wright Express Fleet Card Program
Last modified March 16 2017 05:37 PM