University of Vermont

University Financial Services

Accounts Payable

Register for Employee vs. Independent Contractor policy/procedure training

IRS 1099 Misc. reporting reminders:

  • For a payment or reimbursement to a vendor for materials and travel expenses to be exempt from IRS 1099 Misc reporting, itemized receipts must be submitted with the payment request.
  • If an individual needs to be paid by UVM for goods or services, please do not pay the individual personally and submit for reimbursement through Travel and Expense. These types of payments are IRS 1099 Misc reportable. The Disbursement Center must collect vendor information, including their federal taxpayer identification information.
  • Non-employee reimbursement for travel expenses are due within 60 days of travel and must follow UVM’s Travel Policy.


Last modified November 26 2018 12:43 PM