Student Instructions for Obtaining Criminal Background Checks
To obtain a criminal background check you must have:
Access to a computer with an internet connection
A valid email account
A credit card, debit card, checking account or savings account
- Type the following internet url into the address bar on your internet browser or click here: http://www.myvci.com/uvm
- Click on the "Go" button
- Read the "Dear Student Letter" and click "Click Here".
- Select the appropriate program option from the drop down box and click "Next".
- Follow the on screen directions. Read the Disclosure and Authority to Release Information. Enter your
First Name, Last Name, Social Security Number, Reenter your SS# Select "Yes" and "I Agree" under I
would like a copy of my report. Sign your name using the mouse and select "Save".
- Enter your information. * Denotes required fields
Last Name, First Name, Home Phone, E-mail Address, SS#, Date of Birth,
Current Address: Move In Date, Years at this Address, City, State, Zip, Country
Add previous address of less than 7 years at current address
Click "Next Step"
- Review the information you submitted on the on-line application. Click the "Back"
button to edit any of your information; when you are satisfied, click "Complete" to
submit your information.
- Payment Screen: Select one of the three methods presented-either by use of a
credit card, debit card or directly from your checking or savings account-and enter the
Click "Place Order"
- Review the information for accuracy
Once you place your Background Check order, you will receive a full copy of the report via email.
Turnaround time for the report is approximately 3-5 days.
Student Support: Help with online entry system:
Toll Free: 888.671.1238
Help with a discrepancy on the report: Please contact John Andren at 952-985-2368