Dori Weigand, MSN
Clinical Instructor of Nursing
Office: 231C Rowell
Phone: (802) 656-0021
In Progress: Post-Master's Certificate Program, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
M.S.N., Case Western Reserve School of Nursing, 2000
Certificate in Nurse Midwifery, Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing, 1997
Certificate in Women's Health, University of Colorado School of Nursing, 1993
B.S.N., University of Colorado School of Nursing, 1979
Selected Professional Experience
Staff Nurse, Professional Nursing Services, a Bayada nursing partner in community health nursing (part-time). January 2008 - present.
Nurse Practitioner, Department of Radiology, Fletcher Allen Health Care. November 2003-2009.
Staff Nurse, Vermont State Hospital (part-time). July - October 2009.
Nurse Practitioner clinician, General Clinical Research Center, Fletcher Allen Health Care. December 1998-2003.
- Added clinical responsibilities in January 2000: Metabolic Research with Dr.'s Poelhman, Toth and Matthews, University of Vermont. Nurse Practitioner for Paul Newhouse MD division of clinical trials research. Involved in many women's health protocols, neruo-phych, general medical, substance abuse, and Alzheimer's research.
Women's Health Nurse Practitioner, Women's Health Care Services, Burlington, VT. August 1998-June 2006.
- Director, Women's Wellness Program. Director, Nurse Practitioners. Team member for colposcopy services. Provided gyn services, primary care, preventative services and abnormal pap smear work up with colposcopy and surgical procedures as needed. Associate Clinical Instructor, precepting nurse practitioner and medical students, School of Medicine and Nursing, University of Vermont.
Health Liaison between the Schools of Chittenden County / Addison County and Vermont Department of Health. January 1997- August 1999.
- Co-founder of the Girls Preventative Health conference summer 1999. Robert Wood Johnson Association staff study for smoking cessation in pregnancy. University of Vermont, Burlington, VT.
Honors and Awards
- Grants awarded for the Girls conference for Alternative Medicine and Natural Highs Seminar. Awarded by the Safe & Drug-Free Schools & Communities Grant program and by the BEST program. Summer 1999.
- Nursing Education Endowment Award. Received one of four educational scholarships presented at the First Annual Fletcher Allen Health Care Nursing Awards ceremony. May 2000.
Vermont Nurse Practitioners, The American College of Nurse Midwives