Mary Alice Giannoni, M.S.N., APRN
Clinical Instructor of Nursing
Office: 216D Rowell
Phone: (802) 656-4463
A.N.P., University of Vermont Certificate Program, 1994
M.S.N., Catholic University of America, Maternal-Newborn Nursing, Clinical Nurse Specialist, 1976
B.S., University of Vermont, Nursing, 1972
B.S., University of Vermont, Zoology, 1969
Selected Professional Experience
Nurse Practitioner, Vermont Children's Hospital at Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, VT. 1995 - June 2010.
- Special interest in Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
- Provided care to children and adolescents with diabetes and other endocrine disorders
- Covered on-call for all pediatric patients with diabetes and other endocrine disorers
- Conducted endocrine simulation testing for diagnosis of disorders of growth and hormone production
- Participated in the development of out-patient education program for newly diagnosed pediatric patients with Diabetes Mellitus
Nurse Practitioner, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, VT. 1994-1996.
- Provided care for adult patients with diabetes and other endocrine problems
Nurse Manager, The St. Margaret's Center for Women and Infants at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, Boston, MA. 1992-1994.
- Responsible for administrative and clinical activities of tertiary level obstetrical service including a 35 bed materity unit with a 39 bassinet newborn nursery, 18 bed high risk antepartum/gynecology unit and an outpatient OB clinic
- Main focus was the merger with another obstetrical service, assisting with the completion of a new building project and the transition to a tertiary level obstetrical service
American Association of Diabetes Educators
American Diabetes Association
Pediatric Endocrine Nursing Society
Vermont Nurse Practitioners Association