Stuart Whitney, Ed.D., R.N., CNS
Clinical Associate Professor, Undergraduate Program Coordinator
Office: 220 Rowell
Phone: (802) 656-3383
Ed.D., University of Vermont, Educational Leadership, 2004
M.S., University of Arizona, Nursing Education, 1987
B.S., St. Joseph's College, Nursing, 1981
- Insider Leadership/Outsider Mentoring: Redesigning Affiliation for Men in Nursing. Doctoral Dissertation, University of Vermont, 2004
- A Longitudinal Cross-Cultural Study of the Differential Effects of Baccalaureate Nursing Curriculums on the Professional Self-Concept of Nursing Students. International University, Hiroshima Japan and The University of Vermont (Site Coordinator for data collection), 1998
- The Relationship Among Social Support, Role Strain, and Preventative Health Behaviors in Critical Care Nurses, Masters Thesis, University of Arizona, 1987
Whitney, S.L. (2004). "Don't You Wish You Had Blonde Hair". Qualitative Inquiry. 10(5), 788-793.
Whitney, S.L., Maltby, H.J & Carr, J.M. (2004). "This Food May Contain...What Every Nurse Should Know About Genetically Engineered Foods." Nursing Outlook (accepted for publication April 2005).
Annual Conference: American Assembly of Men in Nursing: "Redesigning Affiliation for Men in Nursing," December 2004.
RN In-service Education: "Wound Care Update," Essex/Orleans County Visiting Nurses Association, May 2004.
LNA Professional Education Series, 2003-04. "Skin Care-Preventing, Identifying, Reporting and Early Management of Pressure Ulcers," AHEC: Northeastern Vermont Area Health Education Center. May 2004.
New Graduate Orientation "Blood Product Administration," FAHC August 2003.
Staff Development: Baird 6. "ABGs Made Simple," "Care of the Client with a Thermal Injury," FAHC, April 2003.
New Graduate Orientation. "Care of the Client with a Thermal Injury," FAHC, October 1998, January 1999.
Curriculum Coordinator: Burlington/Yaroslavl, Russian Nursing Education Exchange Program. "Identification & Early Nursing Interventions of Medical-Surgical Phenomenon," Yaroslavl, Russia, May 1993, May 1994, May 1995, and May 1996.
Honors and Awards
- The Class of 2006 Recognition Award, University of Vermont
- The Class of 2002 Recognition Award, University of Vermont
- Nominated for the Kroepsch-Maurice Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Vermont, 1999, 2009 and 2010.
American Assembly of Men in Nursing, 2004 - present.
Vermont State Nurses' Association, 1988 - 1992 and 2001 - 2004.
Last modified February 22 2012 12:11 PM