Carol Buck-Rolland, EdD, APRN
Clinical Associate Professor, Graduate Program Coordinator
Office: 230 Rowell
Phone: (802) 656-3381
EdD, University of Vermont, Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, 2010
MS, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Maternal Child Health/Nursing Education, 1980
BSN, University of Southern Maine, Nursing, 1976
Buck-Rolland. (2010) In What Ways can a Short Term Cultural Immersion Experience Influence Adult Learners? Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation.
Morris, N., Buck-Rolland, C., & Gagne, M. (2002). From Bricks to Bytes. Computers, Informatics, Nursing, May/ June, 2002.
Buck-Rolland, C. & Wachtel, D. (1999) Sexually Transmitted Infections, Chapter in Singleton, J et al, Primary Care, Lippincott.
In What Ways can a Short Term Cultural Immersion Experience Influence Adult Learners? Poster presentation. NONPF Annual Conference; Albuquerque, NM, 2011.
In What Ways can a Short Term Cultural Immersion Experience Influence Adult Learners? Poster presentation. ENRS Regional Conference; Philadelphia, PA, 2010.
Nurse Practitioner Students: A Critical Component of Health Care Reform and Access to Primary Care in Vermont. Bi-State (VT/NH) Annual Member meeting, June 2010.
Screening and Assessment for Autism Spectrum Disorder in Young Children. Vermont Nurse Practitioners 20th Annual Conference; Stowe, VT, 2010.
Exploring Ethical Issues Surrounding Abortion. Guest lecture for Honors College, UVM. Burlington, VT, 2008
Developmental Screening and Referral Options for Social Workers. Vermont Children with Special Health Needs; Burlington, VT, 2007
Contraceptives Options for Teenagers: Update for Vermont Pediatric Nurse Practitioners; Waterbury, VT, 2007
- Developed Educational Immersion Experience (Short term study abroad program) in Oaxaca, Mexico to promote cultural awareness and sensitivity for nurse practitioner students. Led Faculty-led immersion course, March, 2011, March 2012.
- Textbook reviewer, Lippincott: Physical Assessment, 2006
- Textbook reviewer, Appleton & Lange, Women's Health: A Primary Care Clinical Guide, Third Edition, 2002
Selected Honors and Professional Service
- Dean's Multicultural Champion Award, UVM College of Nursing and Health Sciences, 2012
- Sigma Theta Tau, National Honor Society of Nursing, 1980-present.
- Fellow, University of Vermont Community-University Partnership for Service Learning. 2010 - present.
- Committee member, Champlain Valley Area Health Education Center. 2009 - present.
- Invited Fellow, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners' Leadership Fellowship Program. Washington DC, October 2011
- Invited Fellow, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners' Leadership Fellowship Program. Washington DC, March 2009
Last modified April 15 2014 10:56 AM