Academic Ceremonies - December Commencement
University of Vermont
Office of the President
On behalf of the entire University of Vermont community, I want to offer you heartfelt congratulations on fulfilling the requirements for your degree. Your hard work and diligence over the last several years have resulted in this achievement, and you have every reason to be very proud of your success. In your honor, a celebration is being held on Saturday, December 18, 2010.
The celebration will start with a ceremony from 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. in the Roy L. Patrick Gymnasium, followed by a reception from 11:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Facility. Interim Provost Jane Knodell and I will offer remarks, as will other members of the administration and faculty. You are encouraged to invite your family and friends to attend the ceremony and reception to share in your accomplishment. Please arrive at the gymnasium no later than 9:45 a.m.; all students will sit with their guests.
The following is important information pertaining to the Recognition Celebration:
- Students will not be asked to wear cap and gown.
- Diplomas will be mailed to you in late May, 2011.
- Students recognized in December are also welcome to attend the 207th Commencement Ceremony on Sunday, May 22, 2011.
- Please be sure to update both your college/school and the Registrar’s Office with your mailing information so that you will be certain to receive information about the 207th Commencement Ceremony and other events.
- Questions pertaining to degree completion or other academic matters should be directed to your college/school administrator.
- Questions pertaining to the celebration should be directed to Leslie Logan,
Chief of Protocol and Administrator of University Events,
at (802) 656-4205, or Academic_Ceremonies@uvm.edu.
Again, I want to extend my sincerest congratulations on your achievement. I look forward to seeing you at the celebration and to having the opportunity to offer you my best wishes.
Daniel Mark Fogel,
Last modified October 10 2010 11:45 AM