Academic Ceremonies - December Celebration
University of Vermont
Office of the President
October 20, 2009
On behalf of the entire University of Vermont community, I want to offer you heartfelt congratulations on fulfilling the requirements for your degree. Your hard work and diligence over the last several years have resulted in this achievement, and you have every reason to be very proud of your success. In your honor, a celebration is being held on Saturday, December 19, 2009.
Overflow Announcement: Due to wonderful turn out we have opened overflow seating for the December Graduates' Recognition Celebration in Billings Lecture Hall (1st floor of Ira Allen Chapel). Live-feed of the ceremony will be broadcast in large screen format.
The celebration will start with a ceremony from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. in Ira Allen Chapel, followed by a buffet brunch from 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. in the Billings Center. Interim Provost Jane Knodell and I will offer remarks, as will other members of the administration and faculty. You are encouraged to invite your family and friends to attend the ceremony and brunch to share in your accomplishment.
Students should arrive at the chapel no later than 8:45 a.m. Upon entering Ira Allen, students should check-in to receive their pre-printed announcement card. Students who did not R.S.V.P. before the event, will be asked to complete an announcement card. The announcement card will be used to read the student's name as they walk across the stage to be recognized. Students will sit in the reserved student seating section.
The following is important information pertaining to the Recognition Celebration:
- Photos from the ceremony may be purchased through UVM Photography and will be available by 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 19. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-656-2965.
- Students will not be asked to wear cap and gown.
- Diplomas will be mailed to you in late May, 2010.
- Students recognized in December are also welcome to attend the 206th Commencement Ceremony on Sunday, May 23, 2010.
- Please be sure to update both your college/school and the Registrar’s Office with your mailing information so that you will be certain to receive information about the 206th Commencement Ceremony and other events.
- Questions pertaining to degree completion or other academic matters should be directed to your college/school administrator.
- Questions pertaining to the celebration should be directed to
Leslie Logan, Chief of Protocol and Administrator of University Events,
at (802) 656-4205, or Academic_Ceremonies@uvm.edu.
Again, I want to extend my sincerest congratulations on your achievement. I look forward to seeing you at the celebration and having the opportunity to offer you my best wishes
Daniel Mark Fogel
Last modified December 18 2009 12:28 PM