December Graduates' Recognition Celebration
Office of the President
October 22, 2007
Dear December 2007 Graduates,
On behalf of the entire University of Vermont community, I want to offer you heartfelt congratulations on the completion of your degree. Your hard work and diligence over the last several years have resulted in this achievement, and you have every reason to be very proud of your success.
In your honor, a celebration is being held on Saturday, December 15, 2007. There will be a ceremony from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. in Ira Allen Chapel, and a buffet brunch from 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. in the Maple Ballroom on the 4th Floor of the Dudley H. Davis Student Center. Provost John M. Hughes and I will offer remarks, as will other members of the administration and faculty. Students will not be asked to wear cap and gown. Faculty and the Platform Party only will wear regalia. You are encouraged to invite your family and friends to attend the brunch and ceremony to share in your accomplishment. All students will sit with their guests in the Chapel.
The following is important information pertaining to December graduation:
- Diplomas for December Graduates will be mailed to you in late May, 2008.
- December Graduates are also welcome to attend the 204th Commencement Ceremony of the University of Vermont on May 18, 2008.
- Please be sure to update both your college/school and the Registrar’s Office with your mailing information so that you will be certain to receive information about the 2008 Commencement Ceremony and other events.
- Questions pertaining to degree completion or other academic matters should be directed to your college/school administrator.
- Questions pertaining to the celebration should be directed to Leslie
Logan, Administrator of University Events, at (802) 656-1266, or Leslie.Logan@uvm.edu.
Again, I want to extend my sincerest congratulations on your
achievement. I look forward to seeing you at the celebration and having the
opportunity to offer you my best wishes.
Daniel Mark Fogel
Last modified October 21 2007 02:58 PM