Academic Ceremonies - December Commencement
FAQ for Faculty
- What time should I arrive?
- My son/daughter/spouse will graduate in December. May I present him/her with his/her diploma at the ceremony?
- I would like to participate in the academic procession. How may I order academic regalia?
- Where will faculty be seated?
- Will there be a reception? Where will it be held?
- Where do I park for the December Commencement Ceremony?
- What happens if it there is a severe winter storm?
- Will there be a webcast of the December Commencement Ceremony?
Faculty planning to participate in the academic procession are asked to arrive at the Dance Studio at 8:30 a.m. with their regalia. The December Commencement Ceremony will begin at 9:00 a.m. in the Multipurpose Facility in the UVM Athletic Complex.
2. My son/daughter/spouse will graduate in December. May I present him/her with his/her diploma at the ceremony?
Yes, faculty may present their child/spouse with his/her diploma at the December Commencement Ceremony. Please contact Kelly O’Malley, Coordinator of Presidential Events at Academic_Ceremonies@uvm.edu or (802) 656-3272.
Faculty may rent regalia through the UVM Bookstore. Orders must be placed by Wednesday, November 30. Faculty may purchase regalia by contacting Balfour representative Paul Trono at 802-658-6126 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note:
- Prices for custom regalia orders are available upon request.
- “Green Weaver” regalia is made from 100% recycled plastic bottles (cap and gown only) and inexpensively priced.
Faculty will sit together in the center, house left seating block. Dissertation Advisors and faculty with a child or spouse graduating will sit in reserved seating, with easy access to the stage.
Yes, a reception will follow the December Commencement Ceremony. It will be held in the Grand Maple Ballroom in the Davis Center. Shuttle buses will be available.
Commencement parking is located on the main campus in the parking lots at Jeffords Hall and Given Medical Building near the Davis Center where the reception will be held. Campus shuttle buses will transport you to and from the commencement ceremony in the Multipurpose Facility on the Athletic Campus. Buses will run every 5-7, minutes from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to the Patrick Gym/Multipurpose Facility (ceremony), the front door of the Davis Center (reception), and parking lots (bus stops located at the east door of Jeffords Hall and the Lobby of the Given Medical Building). Both Jeffords Hall and the Given Building will be open to provide shelter from the weather.
Please leave adequate time to park and shuttle to the ceremony.
If you have mobility limitations, please visit Deaf and Disability Accommodations for more information.
The December Commencement Ceremony will be held indoors in the Multipurpose Facility on the Athletic Campus. Tickets are not required. In the event of a severe winter storm that would make travel unsafe, the December Commencement Ceremony will be cancelled. An announcement will be posted on the UVM home page at www.uvm.edu or call (802) 656-3309 or toll free (800) 903-6601 for updates.
Yes, those unable to attend the December Commencement Ceremony may view a live webcast by following the link posted on the university website www.uvm.edu.
Last modified December 11 2011 08:05 AM