Academic Ceremonies - Commencement
Caps and Gowns/UVM Bookstore
The UVM Bookstore is located on campus in the Dudley H. Davis Center at 590 Main Street. Our new downtown store, Catamount Store, is located on the Church Street Marketplace at 46 Church Street.
Academic regalia for the 207th Commencement Ceremony will be available at the UVM Bookstore beginning Wednesday, April 20th. Pre-orders are not necessary. Regalia can be purchased by phone for shipment out of state by calling 1-800-331-7305.
Caps and gowns are made of Oak Hall’s GreenWeaver material, a lightweight polyester-like material made from 23 post-consumer recycled plastic bottles. If you require special gown sizing, please contact the Bookstore to assure that you will have a gown that fits you.
New this year, undergraduate students may opt to sell their stoles back to the Bookstore up to one week after Commencement. Stoles in clean, re-saleable condition will be purchased back by the store for approximately half their retail value.
To participate in May 2011 Commencement ceremonies, a complete outfit is required for all degree candidates (Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral).
For a comprehensive price list please visit the UVM Bookstore website.
Faculty may rent regalia through the UVM Bookstore. Orders must be placed by Tuesday, April 26. Any rental orders placed after this date will incur late order charges as well as expedited shipping charges.Faculty may also purchase inexpensive GreenWeaver regalia or custom regalia by contacting Balfour representative Paul Trono at 802-658-6126 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personalized Announcements: Orders for personalized announcements for bachelor, master, doctoral, and medical degrees can be placed online at http://www.balfour.com (click on colleges, type in VERMONT, click on University of Vermont). Please allow 3 weeks to process personalized orders.
- Non-Personalized Announcements: single, 5 pack, and 10 packs of non-personalized announcements for bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees are available at the Customer Service desk in the Bookstore.
A representative from ArtCarved Balfour will be at the UVM Bookstore Wednesday, April 27th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (during Senior Celebration) for those wishing to order class rings.
- Class rings may also be purchased anytime by contacting Balfour representative Paul Trono at (802) 658-6126 or by email at email@example.com.
- Diploma frames are available for bachelor, master, doctoral, and medical degrees. They can be purchased either at the UVM Bookstore or online at http://uvmbookstore.uvm.edu.
Senior Celebration at the UVM Bookstore is Wednesday, April 27th, from 10 am to 3 pm. Join the fun and pick-up your cap and gown, diploma frame, and announcements while enjoying some refreshments. All in-stock diploma frames will be discounted 25% that day and there will be a raffle for a diploma frame and other items.
In addition, during Senior Celebration, GradImages will be at the UVM Bookstore taking cap and gown portraits. Each graduate who has a portrait taken during Senior Celebration will receive one free 5 x 7 photograph.
As more information becomes available it will be added to this website. Please check back.
Dudley H. Davis Center
590 Main St.
Burlington, VT 05405
Phone: (802) 656-3290 or toll free (800) 331-7305
Web address: http://uvmbookstore.uvm.edu
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.,
Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
46 Church St.
Burlington, VT 05401
Phone: (802) 660-0868 (off campus)
(802) 656-5287 (on campus)
Monday – Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday – Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Commencement Weekend Hours:
UVM Bookstore and Henderson’s Café
Saturday, May 21st, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 22nd, 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.*
* The Bookstore will set up a kiosk at the ceremony for last minute items.
Saturday, May 21st, 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 22nd, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Last modified April 18 2011 07:46 AM