Academic Ceremonies - Commencement
The UVM Bookstore is located in the Dudley H. Davis Center.
Regalia for the 205th Commencement Ceremony will be available at the UVM Bookstore beginning, Wednesday, April 1. Pre-orders are not necessary.
If you require special gown sizing, please contact the Bookstore to assure that you will have a gown that fits you.
Note: A complete outfit is required for all degrees
Prices for students are as follows:
Complete (gown, cap, tassel, stole) — $62.00
Bachelor Gown, Cap, Tassel — $32.00
Bachelor Gown only — $25.00
Bachelor Stole only — $35.00
Black Mortar Board — $14.00
Black Tassel 2009— $4.50
Complete (gown, cap, tassel, hood) — $65.00
Masters Gown, Cap, Tassel — $36.50
Masters Gown only — $30.00
Masters Hood only — $30.00
Complete (cap, gown, tassel, hood) — $72.00
Ph.D. Gown, Cap, Tassel — $40.00
Ph.D. Hood only — $33.00
Ph.D. Gold Tassel — $7.00
Faculty may rent regalia for a fee of $50.00, hoods only, $25.00. Orders must be placed be Monday, April 27. Any rental orders placed after this date will incur late order charges as well as expedited shipping charges.
Regalia can be shipped out of state by calling 1-800-331-7305. (There will be an expedited shipping fee of an additional $10). No regalia will be held without pre-payment
Faculty may purchase custom made regalia by contacting Balfour representative Paul Trono at 802-658-6126 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 6-8 weeks for custom orders.
- Personalized Announcements: Orders for personalized announcements for Bachelor, Masters, PhD degrees and College of Medicine can be placed online at www.balfour.com (click on colleges, type in VERMONT, click on University of Vermont). Please allow 3 weeks to process personalized orders.
- Non-Personalized Announcements: Non-personalized announcements are available at the customer service desk in the Bookstore for $1.45 each.
- A representative from ArtCarved Balfour will be at the UVM Bookstore Wednesday, April 8 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (during Senior Celebration) for those wishing to order class rings.
- Diploma frames are on display at the Bookstore and are available for bachelors, masters and Ph.D. degrees.
A 90-minute video of the 205th Commencement Ceremony is available from the UVM Bookstore at $19.99 plus $5.99 shipping and handling (allow 4 weeks for delivery). Orders may be placed by phone: (802) 656-3290 or toll free (800) 331-7305, email: UVM.Bookstore@uvm.edu, or on the web at http://uvmbookstore.uvm.edu/.
Senior Celebration at the UVM Bookstore is Wednesday, April 8, from 10 am to 3 pm. Join the fun and pick-up your cap and gown, diploma frame, and announcements while enjoying some refreshments. All in-stock diploma frames will be discounted 25% that day.
As more information becomes available it will be added to this website. Please check back.
Phone: (802) 656-3290 or toll free (800) 331-7305
Web address: http://uvmbookstore.uvm.edu
Semester hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Commencement Weekend Hours:
UVM Bookstore and Henderson's Cafe
Saturday, May 16: 10:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 17: Bookstore hours will vary slightly depending on whether the main ceremony is held outdoors on the University green or moved indoors to Patrick Gymnasium due to severe weather.
- Main ceremony outdoors, Bookstore open from 7:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Main ceremony indoors, Bookstore open from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and Kiosk/Patrick Gym open from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The Kiosk has UVM logo clothing and gift items for sale.
Davis Center: Saturday (5/16) 10:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., and Sunday (5/17) 7:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m.
Last modified April 27 2009 05:04 PM