|BWV 131 Aus der Tiefen rufe ich, Herr, zu dir
Perhaps by Georg Christian Eilmar.
1. Ps. 130:1-2; 2. Ps. 130:3-4 and Bartholomäus Ringwaldt, verse 2 of "Herr Jesus Christ, du höchstes Gut," 1582 (Wackernagel, IV, #1523); 3. Ps. 13:5; 4. Ps. 130:6 and Ringwaldt, verse 5 of the hymn; 5. Ps. 130:7-8.
BG 28; NBA I/34.
1. Chorus [Dictum] (S, A, T, B)
From the depths now do(1) call, Lord, to thee. Lord, hear my voice's crying, and let thine ears consider well the voice of my complaining.
2. Arioso [Dictum] (B) and Chorale (S)
3. Chorus [Dictum] (S, A, T, B)
I wait for the Lord, this my spirit waiteth, and I put trust in his word.
4. Aria (T) and Choral (A)
5. Chorus [Dictum] (S, A, T, B)
Israel, trust now in the Lord; for with the Lord there is mercy, and much redemption with him.
© Copyright Z. Philip Ambrose