Students who enroll in Latin 003 must agree to the following stipulations:
1. Each student in Latin 003 must be enrolled in, and maintain enrollment in, at least 12 units of course work other than Latin 003.
2. Each student must meet with the instructor at least once a week.
3. Passing grade is 90% (A-). Students must achieve 90% or higher on each chapter quiz or unit test before going on to the next level.
4. Credit is assigned as follows:
|Completion of Wheelock chapters 1-6||1 credit hour|
|Completion of Wheelock chapters 7-12||2 credit hours|
|Completion of Wheelock chapters 13-17||3 credit hours|
|Completion of Wheelock chapters 18-22||4 credit hours|
|Completion of Wheelock chapters 23-27||5 credit hours|
|Completion of Wheelock chapters 28-32||6 credit hours|
|Completion of Wheelock chapters 33-36||7 credit hours|
|Completion of Wheelock chapters 37-40||8 credit hours|
5. Students who fail to complete the minimum for 1 hour of course credit receive zero credit, but do not receive a failing grade. Incomplete grades cannot be given.
6. Subsequent Latin: Students who complete 4 credit hours may enroll in Latin 002 in the spring. Those who complete 7 or 8 credit hours may enroll in Latin 052 in the spring (Latin 052 does not satisfy the A&S language requirement without Latin 051: see the UVM catalog).
7. The Classics department cannot staff a section of self-paced Latin in the spring.
8. Students ordinarily pass a quiz for each chapter of Wheelock before attempting the unit test. Well prepared students may proceed directly to a unit test, but if they fail to attain 90% or better grade, they may not have a retest until they have passed the quizzes. Quizzes and tests are untimed and closed-book.
9. Students who fail three quizzes (or tests) on the same material may not be tested again on that material until they have spent time in tutorial with the instructor and demonstrated completion of all exercises in Wheelock and comprehension of the contents.
10. Students may not request a quiz or test on new material after
the last day of classes of the fall semester. They may request a retake
of a quiz or test previously failed.
Last updated: 15 September 2000
Send Comments to: Barbara Rodgers, firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2000 UVM Classics Department
All Rights Reserved.
Last modified January 13 2010 03:03 PM