Students who enroll in Greek 003 must agree to the following stipulations:
1. Each student in Greek 003 must be enrolled in, and maintain enrollment in, at least 12 units of course work other than Greek 003.
2. Each student must meet with the instructor regularly, as required by instructor.
3. Passing grade is 90% (A-). Students must achieve 90% or higher on each chapter quiz or unit test before going on to the next level.
4. Credit is assigned as follows:
|Completion of Alpha to Omegachapters 1-6||1 credit hour|
|Completion of Alpha to Omegachapters 7-12||2 credit hours|
|Completion of Alpha to Omegachapters 13-17||3 credit hours|
|Completion of Alpha to Omegachapters 18-22||4 credit hours|
|Completion of Alpha to Omegachapters 23-27||5 credit hours|
|Completion of Alpha to Omegachapters 28-32||6 credit hours|
|Completion of Alpha to Omegachapters 33-36||7 credit hours|
|Completion of Alpha to Omegachapters 37-40||8 credit hours|
5. Students who fail to complete the minimum for 1 hour of course credit receive zero credit, but do not receive a failing grade. Incomplete grades cannot be given.
6. Subsequent Greek: Students who complete 7 or 8 credit hours may enroll in Greek 051 in the fall.
7. The Classics department cannot staff a section of self-paced Greek both fall and spring.
8. Students ordinarily pass a quiz for each chapter of Alpha to Omegabefore attempting the unit test. Well prepared students may proceed directly to a unit test, but if they fail to attain 90% or better grade, they may not have a retest until they have passed the quizzes. Quizzes and tests are untimed and closed-book.
9. Students who fail three quizzes (or tests) on the same material may not be tested again on that material until they have spent time in tutorial with the instructor and demonstrated completion of all exercises in the textbook and comprehension of the contents.
10. Students may not request a quiz or test on new material after
the last day of classes of the spring semester. They may request a retake
of a quiz or test previously failed.
Last updated: 14 January 2001
Send Comments to: Barbara Rodgers, firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2001 UVM Classics Department
All Rights Reserved.
Last modified January 13 2010 03:03 PM