Latin Day 2016 - Salve Festa Dies!
Friday, April 8, 2016 at the Patrick Gymnasium - Click here to find directions from your locationEach spring, the department hosts a Latin Day event for area high school Latin students and teachers. 2016 is a year of celebration for us: Latin Day is in its 40th incarnation, and our theme is Latin Festivals and Holidays!
- Rankings for t-shirt designs need to be emailed to Aaron Robinson by noon on Tuesday, February 16. Submissions were emailed to the VCLA list on February 9.
- Probatio and Recitation Texts were emailed February 5. Full packets are coming soon. Please see the "Registration and Materials" section on this page for copies of any documents that have been sent to teachers.
Skit Themes for 2016 (chosen on a first-come, first-served basis):
Each participating high school will choose a festival as the basis of a skit to perform during the event, and readings and translations will be chosen that tie into this theme. Ideas for skit topics can be found here.
- Lemuria - Burlington High School, Burlington, VT
- Bona Dea - Champlain Valley Union High School, Hinesburg, VT
- Lupercalia - Mt. Mansfield Union High School, Jericho, VT
- Saturnalia - Harwood Union High School, Moretown, VT
- Bacchanalia - South Burlington High School, South Burlington, VT
- Ludi of the Amphitheatrum Flavium - Lamoille Union High School, Hyde Park, VT
- Arion and the Dolphin Commemoration - Rice Memorial High School, South Burlington, VT
- Vestalia - Montpelier High School, Montpelier, VT
- Ambarvalia - Crossroads Academy, Lyme, NH
- Ides of March - Bellows Free Academy, St. Albans, VT
Registration and Materials
Contact and More Information
- Angeline Chiu, Associate Professor of Classics
- Aaron Robinson, Classics Department Administrative Coordinator
See pictures from last year's Latin Day celebration here!
Last modified February 09 2016 10:11 AM