The Travel Clinic serves the needs of UVM students traveling to foreign countries for study abroad or for independent/personal travel. For optimum care and to adequately plan for receiving appropriate immunizations, we recommend that students make an initial appointment at least 6 weeks prior to departure. Travel appointment availability is limited and fills up quickly, especially towards the end of the semester. So plan ahead!
At the Travel Clinic appointment, you will meet with an experienced nurse who will provide:
- Up-to-date health and safety travel information for the specific travel destination
- Comprehensive information about potential medical concerns related to global travel such as malaria, traveler’s diarrhea
- Required and recommended immunizations
- International Certificates of Vaccination
- Necessary prescriptions related to travel
What if I need a physical exam for my study abroad program or visa requirement?
- Travel clinic appointments address travel related needs listed above (immunization, preventive meds etc.) and do not include any required travel physicals. If you are traveling as part of an organized program that requires a physical exam, you can schedule an appointment at student health (preferably with your primary campus provider) or with your home provider.
- Physical exam and laboratory tests for visa requirements are a unique situation. Some countries’ consulates require that these exams be conducted by authorized medical providers. You should review your visa application information, and if needed contact the appropriate consulate to clarify the requirements for their visa approval.
How to schedule?
- Travel appointments can be made online at mywellbeing.uvm.edu. If you need assistance trying to schedule your appointment please contact SHS at (802) 656-3350.
- Travel physical exam appointments can be made by calling SHS at (802) 656-3350.
- There is a $100.00 Student Health Travel Clinic fee, which is substantially less expensive than most travel clinics.
- Immunization expenses and prescription costs are not covered by this fee.
- As with all other expenses incurred at Student Health, we do not bill insurance companies. We accept payment at the time of service, or we can bill the student's UVM account. It is the student's responsibility to determine insurance policy coverage for the one-time travel visit fee and associated immunizations and prescriptions.
- There is a $25 no show fee if a student fails to cancel a Travel Clinic appointment without at least 24 hour notice.
- Please call our office at (802) 656-3350 to cancel your appointment as soon as you are aware you will be unable to attend.
- Travel Physical exam appointments are covered by the student health fee which is part of the yearly student comprehensive fee.
- The Travel Clinic is located in the ground floor UVM Primary Care office, 425 Pearl Street.
Last modified May 24 2016 02:09 PM