New Student Information
Online Insurance Decision
*Note: you must register for credits to get access to the Online Insurance Decision form. International (F1 visa) students do not have access to this form because they are automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan.
Health Information Deadlines
Online Health History**
Online Immunization Form**
**Note: during the summer months, Graduate, Medical, and International students do not have access to these two online health forms until AUGUST 1. All others should use the above deadlines.
Welcome to the University of Vermont! All incoming First Year and New Transfer undergraduate students have pre-matriculation health requirements that must be completed prior to your first term at UVM. Please see below for details and instructions.
IMPORTANT! ! Failure to complete the Immunization Requirement and the Online Health Insurance Waiver/Decision Form will result in a registration hold on your student account. Make sure to submit these requirements by the deadlines indicated.
Section 1: Complete and Upload required Immunization Form
- Download the required Immunization History Form, and have it completed by your local health care provider (PCP), OR obtain an authorized copy of your immunization documentation from your PCP, your school, health department, or from the military.
- Once you have either a completed/signed UVM immunization form OR other authorized immunization document, scan it into one of the following file types: PDF, PNG, JPG, JPEG, or GIF.
- Log in to the https://mywellbeing.uvm.edu site, using your UVM NetID and password.
- Click the ‘Forms’ option in the left column.
- Select ‘Online Immunization Form’, and follow instructions to enter the dates of your printed immunization document into the online form in the spaces provided.
- Upload your scanned immunization document by clicking ‘Add immunization record’ after you have completed the online entry of dates.
- Click ‘Submit Final’ box at the bottom of the page once you are done. If there are issues with any of the dates of your immunizations, or if any required information is incomplete, you will receive a message from the Immunization Compliance Office.
We encourage you to upload your scanned immunization documentation at the end of the online entry of immunization dates, which is required. However, if you cannot complete the upload process, you may fax your immunizations to (802) 656-9350. NOTE: You are REQUIRED to enter the online dates into the mywellbeing portal, even if you fax your documents. The requirement will be considered incomplete if the immunization dates are not entered into the site as instructed.
Section 2: Complete the required Health History
- Log in to the https://mywellbeing.uvm.edu portal using your UVM NetID and password.
- Click the ‘Forms’ option in the left column.
- Select ‘Health History Form’.
- Enter, review, and submit your personal/family health history.
Section 3: Complete the Online Health Insurance Waiver/Decision Form
- Follow the link to the Health Insurance Waiver/Decision Form.
- Enter your UVM ‘95’ ID number, e.g. 950999999.
- Enter your Last and First Names in the blanks provided (make sure to capitalize the first letter of each).
- Follow instructions to either ENROLL in the UVM student health insurance plan, or to decline and enter the requested information about your other current insurance (name of plan, member ID number, name of policy owner and their relationship to you.
- Print the final page as confirmation of your decision.
- 6. ‘X’ out of the page once you have completed the process.
Section 4: If You Are Under Age 18
Section 5: If You Are A Student Athlete
In addition to the above requirements, NCAA team participants must also:
- Complete the Annual Athlete Health Form at MyWellbeing. This is similar to the Online Health History Form that all students complete, but it is geared toward student athletes. If you are participating in NCAA athletics, you must complete both forms. Log into the https://mywellbeing.uvm.edu site using your NetID and password. Click ‘Forms’ in the left column, and complete both the ‘NCAA Sickle Cell Position Statement’ and the ‘New Student Athlete Health History’.
- Every incoming student athlete must undergo a Pre-participation Physical Exam, performed by the UVM Team Physician and the Athletic Medicine staff. This exam is scheduled by the Athletic Medicine office, and takes place on campus.
Section 6: If You Require Ongoing Care
If you have a significant health condition requiring ongoing care, please send copies of your current medical records or your provider’s summary to the address above. During the first month of school, make an appointment with a clinician at the Student Health Center to discuss how we can assist you in meeting your treatment needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to submit the printed(scanned) UVM Immunization Record AND complete the online entry of immunization dates?
- YES! We require a hardcopy of the UVM Immunization record to authenticate the information entered into the online form.
- If I'm waiving out of the UVM Student Health Insurance Plan do I still need to complete the online forms and submit my Immunization Record?
- YES! You must complete the online forms and submit your Immunization Record regardless of whether or not you are accepting the UVM Insurance.
- Do I have to get a physical exam before coming to UVM?
- No! For most students a physical exam is not required. If you are an incoming NCAA athlete, the Athletic Medicine staff will contact you to schedule a pre-participation physical when you are on campus.
These forms will become the basis of your confidential electronic health record while you are a student at UVM, so make sure you provide information that is accurate and complete. If you have any questions, contact the Student Health Compliance Office at either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Last modified May 30 2017 09:00 AM